Chapter 2

"Manson! Shower!" Claire called out from the bathroom. She had just stepped out of one herself. She had her towel wrapped around her body while she brushed her soaked red hair. "You are going to be late!" She called out after a few seconds. She had all sorts of beauty products on the sink counter from body lotions to facial creams and a few types of shampoo and air conditioner. She grabbed her vanilla body lotion and rubbed some on her arms and collar bone.

"Manson, I'm counting to three!" She had to call out for him again. It was then when she could finally hear her son coming out of his room. She set her foot on the edge of the bathtub and rubbed some of the lotion on one leg, then repeated the same on the other.

Claire looked around just to find her son wearing his swim trunks, a water mask, and snorkel. She stopped him on his tracks before he could step into the bathtub and took the mask and snorkel off. "The moment I'm out, you take those off." She instructed about the swim trunks. "If you miss the bus, I swear." She added.

"Yes, mom." The kid turned the hot water on, disappointment in his voice.

"You know I can't afford take you to the zoo myself, I —"

"You have that thing from work, I know." He nodded his voice almost sounded robotic, he was only seven and already could tell when his mom would give him that line.

Claire gave him a look and gathering her laundry she stepped out of the bathroom and closed the door behind her, "you have ten minutes."

Claire walked over to her room so she could change, it was an important day at work for her so she decided to look the most presentable she could. She had decided to wear a midnight blue ruched sheath knee-length dress. She was stepping into her high heels when she heard her son running out of the bathroom.

Claire then headed back to the bathroom and if it weren't for her quick reflexes having her hold tightly to the door frame, she would have slipped and possibly break her ass on the fall. She looked around to find out that her son had left the floor all wet, which wasn't the first time he did. It upset her every time he did. "Manson!" She called out. "What have I told you about drying the floor after you shower?" She frowned, she really didn't have time for this. She grabbed her hair dryer and started to do her hair.

Once the kid was changed into a pair of jeans and a green shirt he headed over to the supplies closet, he pulled the mop out of it, and walked over to the bathroom. He quietly started to clean the floor until it was dried.

"Thank you." The redhead looked down with a smile while she kept working on her long hair. "Can you toast some pop tarts for breakfast? Or some waffles?" She always kept those around to feed him when they were running late.

The kid nodded and headed over to the kitchen, on his way he placed the mop back in the supplies closet. He pulled a chair out from their small dining room table and dragged it over to the kitchen counter. He carefully stood up on the chair so he could reach the cupboard drawer and fetch for the pop tart box. He took out a couple of cherry flavored ones and set the box back on its place. Mom always said he had to leave the things he took back where he had found them.

He managed to open the metallic pop tart package by himself and decided to eat them without heating them; he was a lazy little guy. Claire was always saying he had gotten that from his father.

"Zipper." Claire smiled now standing by his chair. She turned around for her son whom held the whole pop tart on his mouth and smoothly pulled the zipper up for her. The redhead turned back around and kissed his forehead, "thank you, babe. Now hurry with that pop tart, you still have to brush your teeth." She carried him down the chair and watched him run back to his room. She brought the chair back to its place and grabbed his backpack.