Epilogue

It was until her green eyes slowly opened when Claire realized she was curled up on Mason's bed, she had a colorful dinosaurs fleece blanket covering her up. The redhead slowly sat up and ran her fingers through her messy hair, she was still wearing the same dress from the previous day. How had she ended up there? The last thing she remembered was sitting on the couch with Owen, she blushed at thought of the kiss they had share and bit on her lower lip.

Then it hit her—was he still out there? She slowly walked to the door and leaned over, poking her head out. She could hear him humming to himself, yes...he was definitely still there. Claire tried fix her hair the best she could and took a few seconds in front of the mirror hanging by Mason's closet. She then went looking for some candy, mints if there were any. All she could find was some of that disgusting bubble fruit toothpaste Mason used. She had made him keep it in his room after constantly mistaken the tube with hers. She figured it would have to do. She squeezed a little of it on her finger and wrinkling her nose, she tried rub it on her teeth and her tongue hoping it would refresh her breath.

It was until she made it to the kitchen when she realized Owen was cooking breakfast, sort of. "Hey~" She offered shyly, her cheeks pink.

"Good morning beautiful." He had a bright grin on his face. A box of those toaster waffles Claire kept for Mason were by the stove and he had a couple of those in a pan.

"What are you doing?" She chuckled softly, watching the man flip the waffle with an spatula. She had inched closer and was standing by his side now.

"I wanted to make breakfast, you have to go grocery shopping. I couldn't find anything!" He smiled down, fixing his eyes on hers.

She nodded and played her fingers through the edge of the counter. She was quiet for a few seconds, Owen had set those two waffles on a plate and was working on heating a couple more.

"This is—-okay, right? That I took the liberty to look around and fix us something to eat?" He tilted his head.

"No, yeah. Absolutely." Claire nodded. "It's just that...no guy has ever—" She blushed and looked away. "Thank you." She offered after shaking her head.

"You're welcome..." Owen stepped closer and let his finger reach out and tilt her chin up. "Did my gesture earn me a kiss?" He offered a side smirk.

Claire was gently caressing his chest, at his question she blushed and bit on her lip. "You don't have to ask permission, you know?" She gulped softly, her lips almost brushing his.

"I know...but I'm afraid I won't be able to stop otherwise." Owen murmured, his arms hugging her waist and pulling her closer.

"Maybe I don't want you to~" She confessed, her hands running around his shoulders. She slowly closed her eyes and moaned lightly at the taste of his lips kissing her. He was such a great kisser, both the kiss from the previous night and this one had been able to send shivers up her spine.

"Good to know..." He added softly against her lips before going for another kiss. Her own nibbling on his lower one. She had her hand resting on the back of his neck, his body shifting and trapping her against the stove counter.

Their tongues slowly making it deeper. The redhead gently pulled back after a few seconds, "you know~" She tried to talk, but Owen kept stealing pecks from her. "I haven't really done this since Mason's dad." She blushed. That was almost five years, it was a very long time. It wasn't like she had time for anything, she was always working so she could provide for her kid and he was a handful on top of that.

"I understand." He nodded. He knew this would take a lot of patience and understanding. It wouldn't be like any other dating, he didn't want it to be. "I know the two of you have your own little thing going on and I'll respect that." He promised before leaning over and going for another kiss.