Chapter 7

Owen was rolling his eyes while the furious redhead he had in front of him kept yelling at him and kept using foul language to have her point clarified. Her words weren't really offensive to him; however since she was comparing him to her ex-husband, he was positive she meant every single word as an insult — and the worst kind at that.

He had been doing so well, he had even almost kissed her at some point. How did things get so fucked up? Owen was in a position where he wouldn't take fault, he had done nothing wrong. He blinked a few times, that woman really had a lot bottled up, it was a shame he had stopped paying attention to what she was saying a few minutes back.

Any other man would have been thankful for the rant this woman was releasing upon him, it would just save him a lot of time to realize she was somewhat crazy and it would be his cue to wish her a good life and leave it there. However, Owen wasn't really scared of the tantrum. He could even understand where it was coming from, and he was taking it as a challenge. He wanted to prove to her he was someone she could confide in, even after Claire had her mind set on the idea that he had lost her kid.

Everything started after Claire had immediately cleaned Mason's face. It took them a couple of baby oil bottles and almost an entire roll of paper to take all the paint off. Mason was mad, they had said for the kids to use their imagination if they wanted a Spider-Man face-paint, and now he was being punished for doing as told.

This time around he wasn't pretending to be upset, he was mad about everything. He wouldn't even talk to Lizzie at this point. He was Claire's son after all, and he could be stubborn and shut down when he wanted to.

Claire was the type of mom who wouldn't pay attention to this behavior. She would just let him be, if he didn't want to talk... then she wouldn't push it. Lizzie knew better too, she knew her best friend needed some time to calm down and so she was enjoying the rest of the zoo on her own. On the other hand, Owen was trying to steal a smile or a laugh from the kid, sometimes trying too hard.

"Is this how it's going to be?" Owen rubbed the back of his neck.

"About what?" The redhead was holding hands with him, her free hand reaching out and brushing his sideburns while her eyes danced looking down his lips. She was still in the mood to kiss him, finding it impossible to stop the flirting at this point. They both knew they just needed to find the perfect timing and it would happen, and once it did, it would be perfect.

"About us...when you get mad at me." He smirked, his hand quick to wrap around her waist and pull her closer to him. "You owe me a kiss." He reminded her, in case she had forgotten.

Claire grinned lightly when he referred to them as 'us', hinting to a possible future, one that she would not object to, "Guilty, he got that from me." She nodded her head. She was imposible to deal with when upset, and the only reason why she was admitting to this was because he was flirting and at that moment he would probably find it cute. When it came to acknowledging the other part of his statement, the redhead blushed and nibbled on her lips. "Then kiss me~" A quick glance to make sure the kids were still around was enough for her, her arms now wrapped around his neck.

Owen knew she was desperate for that kiss, and so he didn't hide that he reciprocated the urge. He chuckled mischievously and resting both hands on her waist, he pulled her closer.

"Hold on, that's work." She had to pull back when their lips were about to brush. Her iPhone in her purse made him groan and complain, "Would you keep an eye on him, please? I'll be right back." She tilted her head.

"And once you are back we kiss?" He playfully suggested.

"The second I'm back." Claire promised before taking the call and turning around to go find a quiet place.