X

~*•*~*•*~*•*~*•*~*•*~*•*~*•*~
The boy slowly lifted his head up and made eye contact with the other, and when he did, the slightly intoxicated boy was suddenly hit with a surge of confidence. What he was about to do, he had to do now. It felt like the perfect moment. If he didn't do it now, it would be too late.

So with that in mind, Taehyung leaned forward and quickly pecked the other boy's lips.

He pulled away almost instantly, even though it only lasted for a second, he missed that one second of feeling the other's soft lips with his own. "Tae-" "I-I'm sorry!" the elder interrupted him immediately, his eyes widened and his  cheeks painted a shade of pink. He got up from his position and quickly ran towards his room, leaving behind a confused yet shocked boy behind on the sofa.

*

[ the next day ]

Taehyung woke up and sleepily rubbed his eyes as he saw the bright sun rays peeking through the curtains. His head hurt slightly from having drunk a whole bottle of alcohol by mistake the night before, so he began rubbing on it to soothe the pain. All of a sudden, his actions from the night before replayed in his head, and he mentally smacked himself for what he did. He grabbed a pillow and groaned into it.

This is so embarassing, how am I going to face him now?! Wait.. I was drunk, I'll just pretend like I forgot! Great.

With that thought in mind, the boy confidently got out of bed, deciding he was better off acting like he has no memories of the previous day.

Jungkook however, woke up feeling anxious. Did Taehyung really like him? Or was it just the alcohol in his system that was speaking on his behalf? He kissed him too, surely he must feel some sort of attraction towards him then? But then again... he was drunk. The boy shaked his head and tried to get rid of all his thoughts and decided it would just be best to talk to the other about it instead. He dragged himself out of bed and headed out of his room and met a sleepy Taehyung on the corridor.

Taehyung felt his heart beat ten times faster when he made eye contact with the other boy. He couldn't help but just stand there, frozen. "Uh, good morning Tae" he said, but instantly feeling nervous at the fact that he was using a nickname, which he had only ever used on drunk Taehyung. "G-good morning" The other said, trying his best to maintain his composure.

The two were now in the kitchen, awkwardly trying to start a conversation. Fuck it, Jungkook thought. "Can we talk?" The younger said, suddenly finding the confidence to just initiate the conversation. "Sure.. about what?" The other said, feeling nervous as he waits for his response. "About last night, what you said.. and did" he said, averting his gaze as he said the last part, suddenly feelings shy even though he wasn't the one who 'kissed' him. It wasn't an actual kiss, seeing as though it was a quick peck, but still, it was something.

"Oh, I- I don't remember haha, I mean I was sorta drunk? But if I did or said anything to hurt you then I'm sorry" Taehyung said, playing his role of being clueless quite well, making him proud. The other, however, felt hurt. I knew he didn't actually mean it, it was just the alcohol. Of course he wouldn't like me back, stupid.

"Oh.. okay" was all he said, adding a little fake chuckle at the end. "Uhm, did something happen?" Taehyung said, suddenly feeling quite guilty making Jungkook believe that he was the only one who had the memory of what happened. "No, it's nothing" he said, before walking out and heading back up to his room. Before he left though, Taehyung spoke up. "Aren't you going to have breakfast?" he asked. "I'm not hungry" the other said as he walked away.

(uwu a little angst coming maybe? sorry)

He frustratedly layed down on the bed, sighing as he did. It's not fair, he thought. Not fair that only he had to deal with having to try his best to forget what happened, because only he seemed to remember it. Not fair that he felt as if he was somehow played, even though him and Taehyung were never a thing, the fact that the other boy admitted to him that he liked him and told him he wasn't just saying that because he was drunk, but turns out it was because he was drunk, hurt him. Not fair that he kissed him and it made such a big impact on him and is making him confused, but doesn't even remember it. Not fair that he's doubting himself now and feeling insecure. How could he possibly like him? They spent most of their time together arguing before they were both forced to stay in this house together. Neither of them did it by choice, so what makes Jungkook think that Taehyung actually likes him? Of course he has to put up with him, he has to stay with him for two weeks after all. But then again, he should've known it wasn't true. He was dumb enough to feel a sense of hope.

*
hello! sorry, but i sorta needed a bit of angst for the next thing to work out. But don't worry, i promise it'll be fluffy very soon!! Also, I wanna thank some of you for your recommendations on my previous post, I'll be including some of your scenarios in this book :)

I hope you're all enjoying this book so far uwu.