XI

Taehyung could tell something was wrong. The whole day, Jungkook had not said a single word to him. The elder plopped himself onto his bed with several thoughts running through his mind.

What if he's angry that I kissed him? He's probably disgusted by me. He doesn't even like me, why would he want me to kiss him? You're so stupid Taehyung, why would you just do that!?

The boy couldn't help but feel sad at the thought of the other being disgusted by him. Surely that's the only possible reason as to why he's annoyed with him, right?

I should apologise... I don't like this... I want him to speak to me again. We only just amended our relationship and I did something careless to go and ruin it all over again.

With determination and confidence filling his mind, Taehyung got up from his bed and made his way over to the other boy's temporary bedroom. He paused for a minute and took in a deep breath, preparing himself for what he was going to say. He hesitantly knocked on the door, earning a quiet response from the other telling him to come in.

He made his way towards the edge of the bed which Jungkook was sat on and stood there for a moment, looking at him. "You can sit down you know" the other spoke as he looked up to see the other boy. Taehyung nodded gently as a way to say okay and he sat down carefully.

"I'm sorry" was what Taehyung said, causing Jungkook to look at him with a confused expression resting on his face. "Huh?" "I remember what happened yesterday. I lied when I said I forgot" he said, while trying his best to maintain eye contact with the other.

"What are you sorry about exactly?" Jungkook said, slightly confused as to what he was actually apologising for. Yes, he was upset, but only at the fact that he couldn't remember. But that's not Taehyung's fault, it was Jungkook's fault for believing Taehyung truly did want to kiss him. It was just the alcohol in the end.

Right?

"I'm s-sorry that I.. I-I kissed you" he said, stuttering as he tried his best to get those words out. He looked down and started fiddling with his fingers, a habit Jungkook knows that Taehyung does when he's nervous. "Why are y-" "I-I know you're probably d-disgusted by me and that's why you're annoyed with me. You're angry that I k-kissed you suddenly without y-your consent and that's why you've been ignoring me, I mean I don't blame you. I'd be disgusted too but I'm sorry Jungkook, can we ju-" The whole time he was speaking, Taehyung's tears were threatening to spill out and the lump in his throat was building up. Jungkook's eyebrows were furrowed and he kept shaking his head as he heard the others words. "Taehyung!" he yelled gently, not too loud but his tone was strong enough to stop the other from blabbing on even more.

Taehyung flinched and looked up at him with glossy eyes, his lips in a pout and his heart beating rapidly. Jungkook scared him slightly, so when he saw Taehyung's state his eyes softened. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you" he said before inhaling deeply. "Tae," he said softly before hesitantly reaching for the elder's hands and placing them in his own, resting them on his lap. "First of all, I'm not the least bit disgusted by you. Why on earth would I be? I'm sorry I ignored you, my reason was stupid and I shouldn't have been mad, because that clearly made you feel upset. I was only annoyed because... because you told me you liked me, and kissed me, but I was hurt because you said you didn't remember that, which made me believe it wasn't true and it was all because you were drunk. Whether or not you really do like me that doesn't matter anymore, what matters is that I was just being stubborn and lost in my own emotions. We finally just fixed our relationship and my pettiness just ruined that. I'm sorry" he explained gently, his voice calming the other down, but also making him feel stupid.

"Jungkook, it's not because I was drunk. I really do like you. I just pretended like I forgot because I was.. scared" he said, looking down as he did so.

"Really?" Jungkook asked.  "..yes" the elder responded quietly. The other chuckled, causing Taehyung to frown. "You just see this as a joke, forget it!" Taehyung said, about to get up and leave but Jungkook pulled him back down and onto his lap just before he could. "What are you doing.." Taehyung said, trying to avoid eye contact but he was melting under Jungkook's strong gaze. "I like you too Taehyung. I laughed because this whole thing was just a misunderstanding. It just shows how important communication is" Jungkook stated.

"You really do?" Taehyung asked, his voice as soft as honey.

"Yes, I like you"

"..a-and I like you"

"yes, you do" he said with a smile.

They spent the next moment gazing into eachother's eyes, they swore that they could see stars in the other's beautiful eyes. Jungkook darted his eyes at Taehyung's soft plumpy lips before looking back up into his eyes.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked, to which Taehyung slowly nodded to.

They both fluttered their eyes shut, and as Jungkook moved his head slowly towards the other's, Taehyung's hands were rested on his shoulders as he gripped them tightly, nervousness taking over him. Jungkook cupped the elders face softly and the gap between their lips was no longer.

Their emotions were transferred through a passionate kiss, and as they parted they rested their foreheads against eachother's and smiled.

"Taehyung, will you be my boyfriend?"

"I'd love to"

*
uwuwuwuwuwuwuuwuwuwuwuw

i wrote most of this on the bus lmao

i rlly hope you guys enjoy it! please let me know what you think :)