Chapter Five: Kids at Heart

Ah yes, the wonderful journey of walking through the same city that you've been in for five years. It's pretty peaceful, actually. Nothing but myself and the silence. I actually enjoy these moments. I can escape to my own little world in my mind. Where I can be anything and do whatever It want to. No rules, no hiding, no scavenging. Just never being myself. My TRUE self. But for now, I'll have to put my journey to my imagination on hold.

I had already walked a good distance away from the apartment complex, but I wanted to make sure I was a safe enough distance out of their way so I could avoid them. But to do that, I'd need to see a map of the city, and map out everyone's routes from there.

Faen.

I'm wanted in a lot of countries, including this one. So finding a place that I wouldn't be recognized in will be a bit difficult. Then again.....

Thinking back to what Tom said earlier, I got a crazy idea.

~•::Flashback::•~

'I was on my way to the bar as usual when this fucker ran into me!'

~•::End Flashback::•~

Oh, you classic stupid Jehovah's Witness. You have no idea how much you just helped a wanted man.

Turning at the next corner, I put my hood up and headed to the bar. There's a lot of people there, so if someone does see me, I can lose them in the crowd.

Sometimes I'm a genius.

Or just a crazy man with a good memory.

Either one works.

A few people stared at me like I was a cereal killer or something on my way there, but I didn't pay much attention. I was a man on a mission, and if you tried to get in my way, I'll make sure you regret it.

°•°•°•Meanwhile•°•°•°

~~

~•.::Edd's POV::.•~

I really hated to send Tord away like that, especially when he's injured. But I can't just forgive him out of the blue like that! I want to be able to forgive him, but he needed to earn my trust back. But who knows when we'll see him next? I could've just sent him off to get hit by a semi truck, for crying out loud!

"Hello? Earth to cola boy!" I heard Tom say.

"Hm? What is it, Tom?"

"You zoned out for a bit after the commie left. Something bothering ya?" For once, Tom seemed actually concerned about me. This is rare to see, especially if it's him.

"Yeah. Just a little worried. I mean, we haven't seen Tord in about five or six years. What if this was the last time we'll see him? What if he gets hit by a truck or something? What if-"

"What if you're overreacting?"

He did have a point. Maybe I am just overreacting. Guess that's the price you pay for being the friend who cares too much.

"I guess you're right. I just don't want anything to happen. I know what he did was bad, but I still kind of want to be his friend. Maybe he's different now. Even if he isn't, I still want to be able to not have to worry about him....." Heh. I sound like a worried mother. Oh well. I can't help caring about people.