Part Seven

Angela's POV

Brandon texts me in the morning.

*Can I pick you up for dinner tonight?*

I smile and send him back a text.

*I'd love to. What time should I be ready?*

I get out of bed and pour myself a cup of coffee while I wait for a response.

*I'll pick you up at 7 pm.*

I leave my phone on my bed and go into my bathroom to shower. I pick out a simple flowy white tshirt and black skinny jeans, then sit down at my mirror to brush my hair and do my makeup.

As I let the last curl fall into place, I realize something. Tonight is the girls night out! Shoot. I can't cancel with Brandon without looking like a complete bitch, but I did promise the girls that I would hang out with them and I don't want them thinking I'm a snob. I sigh. What should I do? I decide to call Abby Sharp, maybe she can help.

"Hello?" "Hey Abby, it's Angela." Her voice is bright and cheerful. "Oh hey Angela, what's up?" "Abby? I'm really sorry, but I can't make it to the girls night tonight." "Oh that's ok," she says. "Something special come up?" I blush a bit, even though she can't see me. "Well, Brandon asked me out on a date." She shrieks into the phone. "Oh my gosh Angela! That's great!" I laugh at her excitement.

"He's so sweet to me," I say, giggling at Abby's excitement. "I just had the best idea," Abby says. "Why don't we all help you get ready for your date?" "Oh I don't want to ruin your girls night," I say, nervously. "Not a problem at all, it'll be really fun!" Abby tells me. "What time is your date at?" "Seven pm," I tell her. "Come by at five the and tell Brandon to pick you up at the Sharp house." She gives me the address and jot it down on a piece of paper. "See you at seven!" Abby sing songs before hanging up. I take the piece of paper and head to my closet. Now if only I could figure out what to wear...

Jonathan's POV

I knock slowly on the door, afraid already. "Hey baby!" Lindsey says, opening the door and kissing me. She tries to pull me inside, but my feet stay firmly planted on the ground. "Look Lindsey," I start. "Lately, I've been noticing that we fight a lot and I don't think we can go on like this." She frowns and crosses her arms, glaring angrily at me, but I take a breath and continue. "I think we should break up because it's really not making either of us happy." She pouts at me. "But Jonny, you know I'm happy with you." I give her a questioning look. "Then why do you always yell at me?" She gives a quick little nervous laugh. "Oh you know I'm just playing with you."

I shake my head. "I just need a break Lindsey. Ok? I know there's some guy out there for you, but that guy is not me." I turn to leave and she shoves me. "Jonathan Bryan Toews, you can't just dump me like that. I'm Lindsey Vecchione for crying out loud." I roll my eyes at her. "You see Lindsey, this is why we can't be together. Give me a call when you're a little less superficial." I get into my car as she stomps back into her house, slamming the front door hard behind her. I lean my head against the steering wheel for a moment before driving off. "At least that's done now."

Angela's POV

I pull into Abby's driveway and park my car. It seems like all the other girls are here, so I wait as I ring the doorbell. Chaunette answers the door, excitedly pulling me inside and yelling up the stairs. "You guys, she's here!" I blush as Chaunette pulls me up with her into one of the rooms upstairs. All the wives and girlfriends are here, though I notice Lindsey isn't a part of it. "Where's Lindsey?" I ask. Abby makes a face. "We don't usually invite her because she only likes to complain and put down everyone." "Anyway," Dana says. "We have to get you ready for your date with Brandon!" They all squeal excitedly and get started on hair and makeup.

An hour and a half later, I have my hair done, my nails done, and my makeup done. My hair is loosely curled into waves, my eyes accentuated by Chaunette's beautiful makeup work, a medium pink lipstick on my lips. Abby sprays me with her Chanel perfume and my nails shine with a French manicure. "What did you plan to wear?" Abby asks me. I pull a dress out of my bag. " Just this, I guess," I say shrugging. I don't own that many dresses so I just pulled what I had. "Oh honey, no, you need something more than that," Elina says.

Abby stands up and heads to her closet. "Don't worry Angela. I bet I have something for you." She pulls out a couple things, none really suiting my fancy. Just when time is running out, she pulls out a gorgeous plain black dress. It has a sweetheart, strapless neckline and a slight mermaid flare at the bottom. "That's perfect!" Chaunette exclaims. Abby hands it to me and I try to give it back. "Abby,I can't take this from you," I say. She smiles. "Don't worry about it Angela. Patrick bought it for me and I never wear it so you can have it." I look at the beautiful dress. "Really?" She nods. "Now go try it on!"

I slip on the dress and zip it all the way up, the zipper fitting just right along my back. I slip on my black heels and walk back out to the girls who cheer at how I look. I blush and hug all of them. "Thank you all for helping me get ready tonight," I say. My phone pings with a text from Brandon. "Go knock him over with your gorgeousness!" Chaunette tells me and I laugh as I grab my clutch from the bed. As I head out the door toward his car, they all smile and wave. "Bye Angela!"

Brandon's POV

I get out of the car and smile as I see Angela. She walks towards the car in a beautiful black dress, her hair silhouetting her face and making it glow. "You look gorgeous," I say as I open the car door for her." She blushes as she sits down. "Thank you."

When we get to the restaurant, I give the hostess the name. "Follow me right this way," she says, grabbing two menus and walking through the restaurant.

We follow her out to the area I reserved. There's one table and it's in a clear gazebo-like room. There's twinkling lights all around the green foliage and you can see the stars through the glass ceiling. "We'll be back in a bit to take you order," the hostess says as she leaves.

I pull out a chair for Angela and she slowly sits down looking all around her. "Wow." "Is this too much?" I cringe. "This-this is amazing," she says in awe. She leans over and kisses me, her sweet lips connecting with mine. "This is the sweetest thing any guy has ever done for me."

When dinner is over, we go for a walk along the river. "So tell me about your family," I say. She tells me about hockey everyone in her family plays hockey, about Andrew in the NHL, and how her dad coaches her little brother. "Does your mom play too?" I tease her.

She gives me a weak smile. "She passed away when I was little." My face instantly falls. "Oh Angela, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said anything." "It's okay, you didn't know," she says. I can see her lip quivering though as she triies to hold in tears and then she no longer can and they start falling. "I miss her so much Brandon," she says falling against me, her tears soaking my shirt.

I wrap my arms around her, wanting to keep her safe, protect her from anything that could hurt her. "Angela," I say. "I know I can't bring your mom back or ever replace her, but I promise that I'll always be here if you need me." She looks up at me, her year stained face still beautiful in the moonlight. "Always?" she asks, her eyes big and watery. "Always," I say as I lean down and kiss her.

A/N- Thanks everyone for 1k reads! and a big thanks to @Captainserious19 for practically writing this chapter! Also comment and vote! love you