Chapter 5

A/N: Picture of Naruto at the start of Chapter 5 --> :)  

        "Alright. Your final exam will be Shadow Clone Technique. If your name is called, please proceed to the next room." Iruka started as he held a list of students in his hands.

             Graduation is about to come, headbands with the village's sign were prepare and the final test is set for us to become genins. Everyone was excited and I wasn't. I never understood what it means to be a genin. To be a shinobi.

        I hear Naruto babbling, "Ghh! My weakness! No!"

              The test starts as Iruka starts to call names randomly. Students proceed to the next room and returm with a smile on their faces. It took a while, so I rested my eyes for a minute. It was really boring.

            "Keita Tsuke." my eyelids flustered as soon as I hear my name. I pushed myself up from the chair and walked out the room. I hear Naruto cheering, "Good luck."

            "Well?" Iruka held a board of list in his hands as he was ready to score my performance. I hoisted a hand sign as a puff of smoke appeared along with my four clones.

          Iruka gazed down his list and started scribbling. Wow, that was fast.

              "Alright, you pass. Congratulations." he close eyed smile as he passed me a headband with the village's sign embedded on it.

          I vanished into the room and walked out.

   Third person's POV

         "Naruto Uzumaki." Iruka called. Naruto walked into the room confidently.

Hauling a hand sign, he uttered, "Shadow Clone Jutsu!" and a puff of smoke appeared as a drained clone emerged. Naruto and Iruka wrinkled their nose disappointedly.

          "Naruto," Iruka started, "You fail." Naruto grimaced at the thought of it. How was he going to be a hokage when he can't graduate into a genin?

         "But, Iruka-sensei." a long silver haired man in a flak jacket sitting next to Iruka piped up, "At least, he was able to replicate a clone. I think we should pass him."

        Hearing this, Naruto beamed, not until Iruka replied back, "Mizuki-sensei. The other students were able to replicate two to three clones. But Naruto was only able to replicate one and it even seemed like a troubled clone. I don't think I could pass him."

       Naruto grimaced, depression was taking over. He was becoming least motivated for a second, he fell apart.

          Down for not passing the exam, he sat down a lone swing from a tree and thought of himself as useless. He couldn't come and share the other student's happiness of graduating. Instead, he was in the dark. He was lonely. He wasn't able to pass a stupid exam. He wasn't able to step up as a genin like any other kids.

         Meanwhile, Keita stood there like any other kids who celebrated their graduation. They wore their headbands and bragged. Keita graduated, but it never concerned him.

           From a distance, he sees Naruto sitting on a swing, depressed. He watched him watch the other kids smile and cheer.

          "You really are my son!"

          "Let's prepare something at home and celebrate!"

          "You made your father proud!"