Prologue

A silver tabby she-cat walks along a rocky path, the wind carried mist from the waterfall toward her. The she-cat's blue eyes flash as she spots a squirrel nibbling on an acorn. The tabby crouches down, wiggling her haunches in anticipation, before taking off in the direction of the squirrel.

The furry creature looks up, spotting her but it was too late to flee. She pounces on it biting it swiftly on the neck. She marveled her catch but before she could take a bite a gray tom slips into the clearing, glaring at her with amber eyes.

"How could you be hunting at a time like this, Feathertail?" The pretty she-cat stands up and turns to look at her brother. "Stormfur, there's nothing we can do but send a message to the Clans' medicine cats but only if they interpret the sign correctly. Besides I must concern myself with the Tribe, I walk with the Tribe Of Endless Hunting. The pack sent kits and apprentices to walk the stars before their time."

"I'm well aware I can see just as clearly as you do. But you know like I do that the pack will head to the lake and ravage the Clans. If nothing is done the time of the Clans will come to an end." Feathertail dips her head in agreement, her striking blue eyes somber.

"Still debating I see," a gray tom calls streaking down the path. Feathertail and Stormfur dip their heads respectfully. "Stoneteller," they both said and the old cat purrs.

"You both need to stop this quarreling. The medicine cats will see the signs and warn their Clans. If not StarClan must visit them in their dreams or at the moon pool."

"I can't believe they chased the pack into the direction of the Clans settled around the lake." Stormfur speaks with a slight growl, still connected to his old warrior roots.

"Stormfur, its not the Tribes fault." Stormfur sighs nodding. The wind changes and clouds roll in turning the light gray stone underpaw to a darker gray. "Rest now young ones for dark times lie ahead of us." The two warriors nod their heads, waving their tails before departing.

Stoneteller looks up at the moon nothing more than a claw scratch in the sky, his fur prickling uneasily. "I pray the Clans get through this. I owe my Tribes peaceful moons to the strong warrior cats." Stoneteller turns away from the moon and follows the path of Feathertail and Stormfur.

A ginger she-cat with bright green eyes stares into the small stream at the edge of RiverClan camp. The stream newborn kits, not yet experienced swimmers, are shied away from. Robinpelt, RiverClan's medicine cat gasps as she looks into the water.

Her nose twitches as a metallic scent fills her nostrils, the scent of blood. She stares into the water, trembling in fear, fur standing on end. The water looked as if it were replaced with blood, lapping at the  reeds on shore.

She catches glimpses of her Clanmates, motionless, stained red along with another creature she couldn't identify.

"Predator will meet Warrior. Blood will flood the forest. Four must become one. Lest the history of the Clans become undone."

There's a rustle in the grass and a cat slips through and stares at the medicine cat. "Robinpelt, what are you doing out here so late?" The ginger she-cat shakes her head, the stream was it's normal clear blue, reflecting the crescent moon above.

She turns and stares, dazed, at the RiverClan deputy, Adderfang. The medicine cat forces her fur to lay flat. "I was just thinking, I'm sorry if I woke you." The dark gray tom shakes his head, whiskers twitching.

"Not at all. You should get back to your nest. I'll see you in the morning." Adderfang turns and slips through the grass back into the warriors den. The medicine cat looked one last time at the stream before heading back to her den.

A threat is coming and one Clan cannot face it alone. The end of the Clans is on the horizon. I must warn, Dapplestar!