x. mullet wearing asshole

After getting back on the road...

Mallory's POV

"No, I love being your personal doorman. Really Could you idiots have taken any longer?" Richie rants, biking around the group. I look in the opposite direction as the boy.

"Alright, shut up Richie" Eddie snaps.

"Yeah" Stan adds, "Shut up Richie"

"Oh okay, trash the trashmouth, I get it" Richie continues to spiral around the group. "Hey, I wasn't the one who was scrubbing the bathroom floor imagining that her sink went all Eddie's mom's vagina on Halloween."

"Do you ever shut up?" I sass him, giving up on trying to ignore him. Richie looks at me, shock written over his freckled face. 

"Jesus" I heard Stanley mumble from beside me.

"She didn't imagine it" Bill explains. He stops his bike and we all follow suit. Because it's totally normal for a giant group of kids to stop their bike in the middle of the road.

"I s-s-saw something too."

"You saw blood?" Stan asks.

"No..." I mumble. We all saw something terrifying. Like back at the quarry when I saw the balloon and was told to jump off the cliff. 

"Not blood, I saw Ge-Ge-Georgie. It seems so real." He swallows. "I mean... it seemed like him but hut there was this-"

"Clown" Eddie finishes his sentence, horror written all over his face. I looked over to Beverly to see her looking back at me. All of this was terrifying.

"Yeah... I saw him too." Eddie continues. Bill looks around the group, towards Ben, who was avoiding all eye contact, nodding his head. Then he looked at Stan, who looked at his best friend with worried eyes. Did Stan see a creepy clown and never tell me?

Bill looked towards me, but I had never seen a clown. I did see a balloon, but I'm not sure if you would classify that as a clown. I bite my lip and grip my bike handles.

"wait, can only virgins see this stuff?" Richie asks, completely ruining the moment, "Is that why I'm not seeing this shit?" I groan and look away from the group. Richie's never seen anything? No creepy experience or fear?

Once no one started speaking, you could hear yelling coming from beyond the trees.

"Oh shit," Eddie sighs, "That's Belch Huggins car."

Richie snaps his head towards me, with now worried eyes, as he fixes his glasses.

"We should- we should probably get outta here." Eddie stampers.

Bill points to the car. "Wait. Isn't that the home-schooled kid's bike?" There, past the car, was a rusty bike with a metal basket thrown on the ground.

"Mike? Mike Hanlon?" I question. I've seen him around town a couple times.s We would sometimes have small conversations o the weather or his sheep back at his house. Nothing major, but I still feel like I need to help him. Especially if he's dealing with Henry and his goons.

"We have to help him," Bev declares, and I quickly agree.

"We should?" Richie asks.

"If that were you, would you want help?" I snarl at him, jumping off my bike and quickly propping it up. Beverly hops off her bike as well and the rest of the group soon follows us as Bev and I run into the woods.

Stan and Bill quickly catch up to us until we find where all the screaming was coming from. I just pray we get to him in time.

🎈