xiv. getting the hell out

At that same time...

Stanley's POV

I watch as my sister and Richie enter the house. I could feel my stomach turn. What if she dies? What if they all die? I could feel my stomach turn. Folding my arms, I begin to sob. Mike turns around and looks toward me. Noticing me crying, he walks towards me.

"We can't go into that house, Mike!" I gasp. He puts his hand on my shoulder.

"We can't..." I repeat in a whisper.

I put my head down and close my eyes as tightly as possible. I can't lose Mallory, she's all I have in this world. We are supposed to tackle high school together. Grow old together.

Mike pulls me into a tight hug. "She'll be okay, Stan. She's strong and she's brave."

"But what happens when she gets scared and freezes? That thing could kill her Mike!"

Mike simply just shakes his head as he slowly lets me go. "She's stronger than you think she is. You need to believe in her."

"No! I know she is but that thing is dangerous! And I can't stand her getting hurt!" I scream out.

"Why are you so determined that she's gonna get hurt? She's strong, Stanley. And she's brave. And she isn't alone in there. She has Bill, Eddie, and Richie by her side. She's going to be fine."

Mike grabs my shoulder and squeezes it. "Everything is fine." He whispers.

Mallory's POV

Nothing here was fine.

Richie and I's hug gets interrupted by the mattress next to us shaking. Because that's normal is this damned house. As we all turn our heads towards the mattress, a bump appears in the middle of it, which then began to tear it.  A hole appeared, and there was Eddie. Except it definitely wasn't Eddie.

"What the fuck?" I tense up.

"Wanna play loogie?" 'Eddie' asks, then starts to throw up this gross black goo. The goo goes through the mattress and across the floorboards. 'Eddie' begins to madly giggle and jump up and down until it just disappeared. But the goo was still coming straight towards us.

As it passes through the leaves that were on the ground, smoke appears. That's when it clicked. The goo was burning the leaves and coming straight for us.

It must have also clicked in Richie's head because he grabbed my hand again and yelled for Bill to get out of here. We all turn around to find three doors, with writing on it that looked like it was blood.

Running out of time, due to the black ooze coming towards us, the three of us chose what looked like the only real answer

Not Scary At All.