Chapter 7: Angel and Devil

I watch Sasuke fail at his task countless of times, though his determination never faltered. What was driving him? Jealousy? Perhaps the desire to protect his loved ones? My mind couldn't figure it out. Sasuke was too much of a puzzle to solve.

At times, I inwardly chuckled whenever he fell onto his bottom, revealing a different type of frustrated yet pained expression every time. His anger seemed to grow, his pale cheeks reddened and the sides of his face leaked with sweat. His clothes were now a mess and his weakened breathes was evidence of dehydration.

Should I get him water?

No he's most likely to reject it. At first glance, it was obvious his pride was as high as Reborn's kill rate. Anyway I'm too lazy to move from this rock, it's strangely cozy. Plus, why should I exist my comfortable state to help another. I'm on holiday, he should be getting me water.

But... I'm curious about his reaction if I was to do so. Maybe he wouldn't reject it. He seems to be at the brink of collapsing. I'm not surprised he isn't able to sense my presence.

Bringing a hand to my chin to stroke my nonexistent beard, I listened to the devil and angel on my shoulders .

The angel, mirrored a more calm and softer version of my voice. The devil, on the other hand, snorted endlessly at the other's arguments, its voice embodied power despite bearing hints of sloth and childishness.

Angel, "Tsuna, helping him could earn you a new friend. The more friends you have, the happier you'll feel. The other mockingly imitated the angel's voice, " 'the more friends you have, the happier you'll feel, how does that work?" Their voice deepened "you should leave this group and find stronger allies. What can little kids do? Build you a mansion? They're useless."

Angel, "but you're a kid yourself, didn't you say before that you wanted to learn more about the boy? Maybe helping him could lead him to opening up to you".

Devil, " yeah, giving a person water will result to them admitting all their wrongs and rights to you. Maybe even telling you their life story in between. I wouldn't be surprised if he proposed to you". The voice dripped with sarcasm.

Angel, "but-but... he seems lonely. Weren't you like this once in your life?"

Devil, "perfect", it rolled its eyes, "using pity to win. And I'm supposed to be the evil one". He snorted, "fine, get him water, I'm also curious about his reaction. If he does anything aggravating we can just kill him".

Angel, "g-great, but we can't k-kill him, instead we'll scold him and make him feel guilty".

Devil, "are you sure you're an angel?

They both disappeared, and Tsuna was preparing to jump off the boulder, but was hindered by the sound of something violently crashing against the ground.

It was Sasuke, and he seemed absolutely exhausted. His body laid unconscious on the grass; I sweat dropped at this. Am I too late?

"Tsuna".

My attention altered to Kakashi who stood, with the help of his crutches 3 meters away.

I hummed a reply.

"Do you mind carrying Sasuke back to the house for me. As you can see, both my hands are occupied". My caramel orbs fell to his other hand which held a strange book. He's capable of jumping down from a tree in crutches but incapable of dragging his own student to a building only a few meters away... I feel like walking away.

"Sure", a fake smile was present on my face.

"Thank you".

A squeak was heard after I opened the door; which I once slept in

A squeak was heard after I opened the door; which I once slept in. The image of Naruto sleep soundly and Sakura sitting beside him in a daze, first stole my attention. Feeling lazy, I ignored the girl's presence and gently place Sasuke in a rested position against the wall. I motioned myself towards the futon that I previously slept on and distanced it from the depressing aura surrounding Sakura. Satisfied with my work, I travelled back to Sasuke and comfortably placed him inside the futon. My movements were swift and smooth, limiting the sounds that was emitted from me. Finishing my task, I quickly fled the room.

I made my way down the stairs, passing by Kakashi, telling him that I wish to spend some time outside. He thought for a minute before approving.

Making my way back into the forest, I chose to climb up a tree, ensuring my attire wasn't dirtied, and laid on a high-up blanch which was thick enough to withhold my entire body.

Using my arms as pillow, I rested on my back, looking up at the sun slowly setting. The view was bewitching, reminding me of the many cakes that gladly entered my mouth. Beautiful sights often led to me reminiscing about delicious treats, this is why I always traveled with at least one strawberry shortcake.

Such thoughts pulled me towards my dreamland, and with a smile, I let my guard drop.