everything and more - albert dasilva

"Tell me 5 good reasons why you won't go to prom with me?" Albert's face appeared on your computer screen and you me intally screamed. All week, he has been bugging you to go to prom with him but it's a very hopeless request; you lived across the country.

"I live in a different state, Albert. Across the country." You deadpanned, rubbing your eyes lightly because the computer screen was dark in your bright room.

You and Albert had met on twitter. He was running one of those "incorrect quotes" accounts for Criminal Minds on Twitter and you thought they were hilarious and started sending him ones of your own that he would post. From there, a friendship started and now here he was, begging for you to fly all the way to New York to go to prom with him.

"Okay, that's only one good reason." The ginger haired boy stated, taking his cap off his head, only to put it right back on, just backwards.

"Well it's a pretty valid one. I don't see you giving me reasons why I should come." You pointed out and you saw Albert smirk.

"I can give you five." He stated proudly and you only hoped that he couldn't see your blush right now. "One, we'd get to meet in person. Two, you'd get to meet all my friends who are, by the way probably tired of hearing about you. Three, you'd get to wear one of those fancy prom outfits and I'll wear a tie that matches your color." You couldn't help but laugh at that one and Albert grinned back at you. "Four, I'd get to finally hold you in my arms. Five, I'd get to take you out on a real date the next day."

Albert had always been very open about his feelings with you. From the day that he realized he liked you, you knew it as well. You, on the other hand, didn't even want to admit to yourself that you liked him, although you knew that you did, let alone have him know. He lives across the country! You've never met him in person, what if he was completely different? There was so many practical reasons why you knew you shouldn't pursue this but there was something in your body yearning to know what it felt like to be held by Albert. To feel his hands on your hips, your hands in his hair. To hear his morning voice in person.

"It's just unrealistic Albert, I don't know what to say." You replied, looking down at your keyboard so you didn't have to see the way his head dropped in disappointment.

"You could at least try, (Y/N). That's all I'm asking. It's not like I'm asking you to come this weekend. This is me asking you to come months in advance. For two or three days so that we could get to know each other in person. I just..." Albert trailed off and you looked back at the computer screen, a sad smile plastered across Albert's face. "I want to meet you, is all."

"Al," you started, wanting nothing more than to reach through the computer screen and console him, smoothing away the lines of worry across his face with soft touches and kisses. "I want to meet you too. Believe me. But not this way. Not at a prom at a school where I know nobody and everybody is stiff and awkward and sweaty and hot dancing in a stuffy room with no air conditioning. I want to meet you, but not like that."

Albert let out a long sigh. "If you're not interested, can you just tell me? You've been beating around the bush for so long that I'm afraid to even bring up me coming to your hometown or you coming to mine because every time I do, it's the same excuse. You're busy, or you don't think it'll work that weekend because you might have plans or it's not the right setting you want to meet me in. Well, newsflash, (Y/N). This is life. Not everything's gonna be like a fairytale. We're not gonna meet in a field full of flowers, running into each other's arms. It's not realistic."

He didn't even give you a chance to respond, he just hung up the FaceTime call, leaving you breathless and with tears starting to track down your face. Pulling up Twitter and going to his following list, you went to his best friend, Race's account and messaged him.