Part 1

Warning: Someone having a deadly disease.

The cry of a child alerted the surrounding teachers. Their attention was directed to a crying child trying to pull his tiny hand away from a very large pudgy hand which belonged to no other than Koonni Yuune. Because his quirk was a mutant type, Yuune's physique was different from others.

He had two small horns that peeked out of his cotton candy blue curly hair. A single eye shined fuchsia pink through his pastel blue, wavy fringe. From his shoulder down to his elbow, was that of a normal child's except that it was all scorched black, and from his elbow down, the circumference widened and was pudgy soft. His hand had only had four fingers and were as big as to covering his face.

His arms could harden and his fingers could sharped into claws. They could also stretch long distances.

His grip was deadly even without hardening. He once exploded a basketball just by gripping it as hard as he could without breaking sweat.

At the moment, he was trying really hard to gently hold hands with his classmates because the teach instructed him to do so.

"Yuune-kun, are you bullying again!"

The teacher snapped.

Yuune let go of the hand and tried to explain himself, "Sensei said that we hol—"

"Apologize!" The teacher scolded harshly.

Yuune looked blankly at the teacher before bowing to the crying child and muttered an apology.

It truly was not his intention to hurt the other and Yuune was really trying to gently hold the other's hand.

"He really is that villain's son... what are the authorities doing having a demon running wild like that?"

Yuune's fingers twitched slightly but did only that. He had wanted to grip his hands into fists out of frustration but that would only attract unnecessary attention. More whispers and rumors would spread around. Yuune hated his quirk... hated his other father...

***

They, as in the teachers, called Yuune's parent and the parents of the other child that Yuune accidentally made cry. He was labeled as a bully, not only because he was incapable of controlling his strength but also because he was the son of a hero turned villain.

His father was bowing down and apologizing to the child's parents who were yelling at Yuune's father, Mion. The "bully" of course was never happy that his was father always apologizing. It was not his fault but Yuune stayed quiet because whenever he spoke the situation always became worse.

The crying child's mom suddenly grabbed the random papers which were on top of the desk separating Yuune's father and the other parents and she threw it at Mion.

Yuune's eyes widened in shock and took a step towards the woman who dared to throw something at Mion.

Mion noticed the dangerous glint that was hidden beneath is son's cotton blue fringe and his voice choked out, "Yuune down!"

Across Yuune's nose bridge, unrecognizable letters or symbols glowed gold and with an unbelievable force, Yuune's face was being pulled down the marbled floor.

Yuune yelped at having his skin just pull him down and smack his face against the floor. As a reflex, Yuune pulled his hand in between his face and the floor to cushion the hit. Mion quickly turned to the confused parents nervously.

"I will make sure to scold my son properly, now if you'll excuse me."

Mion quickly stood beside his son and waited a second more before the symbols across his Yuune's face disappeared and the father proceeded to pick his son up. They left the school grounds in hasten speed. Just when Mion was sure that they were far enough and halfway home did he let himself relax and slow down his pace.

After a long walk of silence, a solemn and broken whisper reached Mion's ears.

"I'm sorry, papa..."

Mion golden hazel eyes adoringly but also tiredly gazed at his son's slumped shoulders. He knew none of this was Yuune's fault. Yuune just wasn't aware of his strength and he really tried not to hurt anyone.

"It's okay, Yuu-kun. How about you don't wrap your hand around anyone other than mine?"

Yuune shook his head.

"I won't hold hands anymore..."

He was not going to hold anyone's hands now. He knew that he was hurting his father too but Mion was too kind to say anything.

Now matter how he diligently tried to be gentle, his hard work never paid off. Then the only way to fix anything was to never hold hands with anyone, Yuune's loneliness didn't matter.

It broke Mion's heart to hear Yuune choke those words out. The father knew that Yuune was lonely after the capture of Mion's spouse and Mion working extra to support himself and his son. Holding hands was just one of the many restricted physical contacts to relieve Yuune's loneliness.

"Then papa's hand will feel lonely," Mion sighed in sadness. He glanced at Yuune's lost and troubled expression which made the father chuckle a lightly.

"Then can papa hold Yuune's finger? That would make papa feel a lot better."

Yuune looked at his hand for a moment as if debating if it was safe or not. He then poked out his index finger out. Mion chuckled again and held the pudgy finger. His son was absolutely adorable.

***

Mion was sick, terminally sick, and it pained him to think that his son would be left alone in a world where people misunderstood him. He didn't blame or hate his husband-sent-jail. Mion only blamed himself for what happened. Was his husband also blaming him? Mion wouldn't mind if he did.

Mion quirk was Siren's Voice. He could turn into a siren and speak and breath under water. He had the strength of a powerful gorilla. He could make someone do a specific only if he placed a kiss. For example, there was one time that his son was refusing to sit on his seat to have dinner. Yuune had insisted to be kissed and maybe that was Mion's fault. Because he knew what a simple peck was capable of and at that instance, Mion was not thinking through and running out of patience. He pecked Yuune on the nose bridge which made the child cry out in happiness.

"Now, Yuune sit down!"

Suddenly symbols glowed out of Yuune's nose and gravity took Yuune's face down. Mion only realized that he had done and could only thank heavens that Yuune's face met the sofa. He was only three at the time, even if he had a powerful quirk to help him, he was still unable to control it.

The quirk would work whenever Mion mentioned any of the words he had said at that moment. But each time it would take 5 seconds and would only work if the person heard it.

Yuune was forever bound to his own name and the word down by his father. Yuune didn't mind it and Mion would only use it when Yuune was thinking of doing something dangerous.

Nevertheless, giving birth to Yuune was one of the things he was happiest and grateful about. Being able to give birth was a side effect of the long run family tree since long ago. His family had a second gender which they named Alpha, Omega.

Betas were the ones who were normal had no side effects. A perfect example for a beta would be Mion's older brother, Nozomi while their father would be the perfect example for an Alpha.

The family was strict and were against Mion having a relationship with his husband. So Mion had cut ties with them to live with his husband and start a family. He couldn't rely on his family to take care of Yuune but he couldn't leave Yuune alone. Not when the government were having close watch on Yuune. His quirk being so similar to his other father, the government feared that he would become like his other father. They even tried to take him away to keep close tabs on Yuune until he became an adult yet Mion had done everything possible to keep his son next to him.

But what about after he died? Sending Yuune to an orphanage was a bad idea to Mion. Everyone seemed to know who Yuune's other father was. Even if the small child was sent to the orphanage, one of the government officials would come and adopt him and then put him in a place where Yuune would not be happy.

Mion coughed out the air that suddenly didn't seem to pass through his throat. It was getting harder to breath and someday soon, he would stop breathing. His chest felt tight and tears streamed out of the corner of his eyes. Why did it have to end this way?