Part 9

Bakugou returned home. That was normal. What was not usual about it was how he arrived home. He was oddly silent and instead of going to his room, he went straight to the living room connected to the kitchen. Mitsuki was in the kitchen prepping for dinner when she notice her son being oddly silent as he stood by the living room.

"What's wrong, Katsuki? You usually stomp your way to your room. And where is your greeting?"

Mitsuki raised a brow at how her son didn't reply to her immediately. He had a serious expression coated on his face and stood with his hands clenched into a tight fist. It was almost like he was holding something back. The strength loosened in his hands and he spread in his fingers out.

"Old hag."

He called out.

Mitsuki wanted to yelled out at him but couldn't do so. His voice was low and serious. Then surprise filled her heart.

Her son smiled yet that smile numbed her heart. How could a smile be so broken and so lost but at the same time be relieved?

"Katsuki?"

"The kid you turned over to the police."

Mitsuki flinched. It had been many years since that incident. She had forgotten about it but would remember in an instant if reminded. It was a memory she did not want to recall.

"That kid you put in jail because of your son. He is in UA, in the same class as me..."

His legs crashed down the wooden floor and doubled over as if a weight was suddenly placed on his shoulders. His hands covered his face. In the eyes of the mother, he looked like he was being drown by guilt.

Katsuki recalled his day. How he met a light haired teen again. He witnessed how that new student functioned. And everything that two horned student did broke Katsuki down.

"Can't do anything if not told to! He needs to be ordered to eat! Ordered to fight! Ordered! Ordered! ORDERED!"

Mitsuki was silent. There was no correct answer or reaction.

'It's not your fault.' She could not say that. Because if she did say that, she would be acknowledging that everything was her own fault.

So she stood there as she watched the son she wanted to protect so much break down.

If only that demon did not exist, then her son wouldn't be this hurt.

***

Yuune did not exactly know what to do in class.

He was only told to listen and he did listen but he only did that. The words taught in class were not orders, just spoken words.

Meaningless words.

He was told to watch. He did watch. He saw how the little adults around him had stretched their lips and tilted the corner of them upwards. He also saw how the little child with grapes on his head looked weirdly feverish as heat steamed out his nose. But that was it. He only watched.

Sir Principal, Nezu, told him to attend school and become a hero. He told him to follow Aizawa Shouta.

Aizawa told him to go to class. He told him to watch and listen. He told him to follow Yaoyorozu Momo until they find a more competent student who can help him.

Help him?

Yuune did not understand. Why  did he need help?

Even though he wondered, the question that appeared in his mind was immediately blanked out. It was not important. Nothing was.

His friend was out that prison so Yuune had nothing to worry about now.

In his time after school, Yuune would have left with Aizawa to be escorted to Nezu. Then Yuune would stay with Nezu and organize some papers for the principal before they left to an apartment together with a man with black hair. He had a horn and covered his eyes with the same kind of mask as Yuune so Yuune could not identify the man's eye color.

Yuune would live with this guard. The guard had a lot of energy because he kept squirming around Yuune. The adult was always tense as well. He would also have tears run down from behind the mask after he said something.

What was wrong? Why was this adult displeased?

Yuune was doing as told. He listened and watched. He followed. He didn't cause any trouble so why was this man so negative?

He only needed to follow orde—

"Kooni."

Yunne looked up. Aizawa, Yaoyorozu's superior, stood in front of the new student.

Yuune flicked his sight to the student that was beside Aizawa for a second and identified the green haired little adult as a student of 1-A.

"This guy will be in charge of you from now on. Do you understand?"

Yuune nodded.

"You two will also spend time together for an hour after school. That's all."

Aizawa lazily waved his hand as he left the class room. The school session had ended.

Silence filled the room and the green haired — Midoriya Izuku, was it? — fidgeted and his eyes looked all over the place but they never landed on Kooni.

"U-Um, Kooni-kun, right?"

Yuune nodded.

"I am Midoriya Izuku. We are in the same class. I hope we get along."

Yuune nodded again.

Midoriya Izuku was lost. He didn't know how to approach the new student in front of him. It had been a week and Yaoyorozu was dumbfounded on what to do with the helpless student. She had told Izuku that Yuune only did as told and never took initiative to do something himself. She had tried to encourage the other to do what he wanted and he only nodded and never did.

Izuku felt cold sweat dropping down his neck. He was nervous at how to approach Yuune. He could see half of Yuune's face, for goodness sake! He didn't know what emotion the other was giving.

Midoriya swallowed down a sigh. He smiled and came up with a plan. Since Yuune seemed to reacting to orders then orders he would give. Encouragement did not help at all. No "if" or "what do you think of". They would not work.

"Kooni-kun, this are tasks you have to do in a daily basis. When your stomach is empty and you need eat, you eat. When your throat is dry and parched, you drink. When you are spoken to or asked a question, you speak. When you have a question, you ask. It's okay to ask me or anyone in our classroom. Aizawa-sensei will also help. Do you understand?"

Yuune was about to nod before he froze.

"Yes, sir."

It was Midoriya's turn to freeze.

"From now on, don't call any one of our classmates "sir" or "ma'am". Call them by their last names and if they tell you it's okay to call them by their first names then you call them by their first names. Understand?"

"Yes, Midoriya."

"Good!"

The greenette smiled. He felt like they were going somewhere.