chapter one.

you can tell a lot about a person from a game of truth or dare;
someone who chooses truth has nothing to hide,
and someone who chooses dare has nothing to lose.

- - -

When I had died I expected to finally be at peace; that I would be in some sort of peaceful place with my late grandparents and my first dog Shishi and my bastard of a cat Jackyl. I did not, at all, expect to be reborn into a new life in which I knew everything, and yet nothing, about.

At first, I hadn't thought much about being reborn and to be far at that point in time I hadn't really been aware of my surroundings. I had, faintly, understood that I had been reborn, I had known that my family was overly doting, I had known that we were either currently fighting a war or one was on the brink of starting or one had just ended, but I hadn't known much else.

Though my last name was never provided at that point in time, I had learned my name was Aoi. I also learned how disgusting it was to be an infant and I refused to take breast milk meaning my mother had to bottle it if I was hungry. This disgust led me to force myself to learn how to properly care for myself; by the age of one, I was toddling around and using the, admittedly old fashioned, washroom because the absolutely revolting feeling of soiling myself made me understand Stewie's hate of the world. 

I had also been doing my best to talk and read, re-learning how to do these things was easy, the only struggle coming from the new alphabet not being phonetic but something similar to Japan's Kanji, Katakana, and Hiragana. When my eyesight had become better at seven months of age I had started to understand, or I suppose I should say I was even more convinced, to my newfound whereabouts; I was in the Naruto world.

More specifically, I was from a clan of civilians known as the Haruno's but I wasn't in Naruto's peace-time. Perhaps it was due to the fact that the technology and clothing style was clearly taken straight from the Edo-period, or maybe it was due to the single carved head in the mountain face but I knew I was far off from what would eventually be Naruto's time of peace. I was hoping that I was alive during the sannin period, if all went well then maybe I would meet the sannin and help them. It had been, from my hazy memory surrounding Naruto, their lack of teamwork and bond that drove them away from one another. 

My discovery had left me shaken for a while, trying to come to terms with the life I had just been thrust into when not even a few months ago I had been scrolling through tik-tok, excitedly awaiting the next episode of WandaVision while reading through different theories. A child untouched by any sort of hardship other than a bit of drama; the usual high-school treatment and a father who had cheated and left me with a distant mother. In other words, it hit me that I was a normal child in a world of literal super-powered beings, and I could feel my hero-complex rearing its head.

It's the hero-complex that made me start to concentrate on the tenketsu points I knew existed from years of research and time spent in the Naruto fandom. It was funny to look back at things like that; time spent on things that seemed useless until one day they became useful. Granted I'm sure not everyone dies and is reborn into a world where they know the future of a child who wasn't even alive yet. 

From what I knew, children couldn't control or even feel their chakra before a certain age with the exception of a few children; Kakashi Hatake and Itachi Uchiha being the most notable examples. I, unfortunately, could feel the invasive power that was chakra; it was a foreign sort of thing like an ever-present weighted-blanket was wrapped around my body but instead of keeping me warm it just tripped me up and made me feel claustrophobic. Feeling it didn't mean it was easier to manipulate, focusing on it was easy of course, but moving it through the thin and still underdeveloped tenketsu of my body was extremely hard. Also, I literally had no clear memory of where the tenketsu points of the body were.