Chapter Five

Chapter Five
(edited and revamped)

-

crowds upon crowds of strangers.

-

"I thought you said this was a family event," Two-year-old Aoi looked around the overflown Senju compound with the slightest glimmer of awe in her eyes even though the rest of her body language expressed an unimpressed aura.

There were so many people in the area, Uchiha, Akimichi, Yamanaka, Nara, Hyuuga, and a multitude of other clans crowded the large compound. Each talking with one another, partying and laughing. Enjoying each others company underneath the canopy of the surrounding Hashirama trees the littered the area. Fairy lights were strung from tree to tree and chakra lanterns floated lazily across the yard, changing colours whenever someone knew pushed their chakra into them.

"It is! Sorta! Erm, well, a lot of Senju are here so you can just ignore the fact that it's also a clan gathering?" Tsunade grinned sheepishly over at her friend; "Besides, you're me and Orochimaru's guest!"

"Orochimaru and I," Aoi corrected before turning her head to the mentioned male, "You knew about this?"

Orochimaru awkwardly laughed and nodded; "Yeah, Tsunade-chan said that you wouldn't agree if you knew it was all clans here cause you would say that you weren't welcome and blatantly refuse."

Aoi gave a miserable sigh, "Tsunade is right, but I can't leave now."

Tsunade smirked and poked a thumb into her chest, "I knew you wouldn't leave in front of a bunches of people! So I convinced Orochimaru-kun to play along cause you'll have a bunch of fun here!"

Orochimaru nodded from beside Aoi; "Yes, I agreed because you art playing at all when we art with you."

"Aren't?" Aoi corrected, pinching the bridge of her nose, "And I have a lot of fun thank you."

"Uh huh." Orochimaru said, glancing over at Aoi with an unimpressed face, "Staying in your house wit books all round you?"

"It's fun for me," Aoi grumbled, turning her face away from the two unimpressed children, "And besides, you do it too, Orochimaru-chan."

Tobirama gave a noise of agreement; "Reading is very fun, I used to read instead of play as well."

Hashirama coughed something that suspiciously sounded like; "And look how you turned out."

Tsunade wrinkled up her nose in thought before a distraught look passed over her face; "Aoi you gotta stop reading 'stead of playin' or you'll end up like Uncle Tobirama!"

Aoi frowned and cocked her head to the side amusement shining in her eyes, "What's wrong with being like your uncle? He's strong, isn't he? And he's smart which means he's the perfect person to strive to be like."

Tsunade made a sound of horror while Orochimaru gained a thoughtful face; "Bein like my uncle means you'll be boring and mean and you won't talks to other people without scowling!"

Aoi shrugged, "Well I don't like talking to people and generally I'm not a nice person. I do believe you've called me boring before, Tsunade-chan."

Tsunade threw her hands into the air before grabbing ahold of Orochimaru; "Fine! You like my uncle so much then you can hang out with him instead of us! C'mon 'Rochimaru, we're gonna go play like normal kids!"

Orochimaru blinked a large number of times in bafflement as he was dragged away by Tsunade while Aoi stood beside Tobirama in confusion and Tobirama had a dead sort of expression on his face.

Tobirama sort of just, sighed and shrugged before glancing down at Aoi; "Why couldn't you have been my niece?"

Aoi shrugged; "Why couldn't you have been my uncle?"

They both sighed and stood beside each other, faces stoic and arms crossed as people chatted and partied around them. Hashirama awkwardly shifted and pointed to the group of clan heads; "I'm just gonna, uhhh, go do Hokage stuff."

"Hn," Tobirama and Aoi synchronized, glancing at the horrified hokage.

"Oh kami there's two of them," Hashirama whispered before bolting away towards the clan heads.

Tobirama shrugged and in a spur of the moment sort of thing, bent down to pick Aoi up. He started to walk after the hokage, not noticing the shocked expressions of the others in the area or the surprised expression of Aoi herself.

But who could blame them? Stone cold Tobirama Senju was currently carrying a two year old pink haired child that looked like the definition of innocence.

They were just a bit shocked.

-

she's so small compared to them.

-