Prolouge

(This is my first story so if it sucks then you know why)

Agent 8's P.O.V
I was staring at the girl who tried to kill me a couple minutes ago. For someone who went all out trying to murder me, she did look pretty cute just sleeping peacefully. I looked up to see what the others were doing, Marina's watching pearl and captain cuttlefish have a rap battle. For the sake of my sanity, I decided to go back to watching Agent 3, it seemed like the much preferable option then whatever mess of a rap battle was going on over there. I sighed, resting my head on my hand. I kept staring at Agent 3 hoping some type of memory would pop up, maybe even the battle captain cuttlefish said we had but of course it's not that easy, my memory is blank. All I do know is that she is very strong, and can break the...special? I think that's what they called those abilities, limitations. Agent 3 slowly opened her eyes to see me smiling at her. I must've been staring at her creepily or something because she saw me and well..almost screamed, looked around for her weapon, and nearly hit her head again, "Jeez, I didn't realize Octolings were so scary" I joked before alerting the others of Agent 3'a awakening. "Oh Agent three you're up already?" Captain cuttlefish said with a smile "Holy Zapfish..my head hurts, actually not even Holy Zapfish, I feel like I've been stung with one multiple times" Agent 3 said rubbing her head. I might have been imagining it but I swear I saw her glaring at me a few times. "Yo take it easy" Pearl said, jumping down from her spot and sitting down next to Agent Three. With the two talking I took the time to actually take in my surroundings, I stood up feeling the wind between my tentacles, the beautiful breeze and real air. Not artificial air like the one down in the underground but, real real air, and the sun! The sun was even better, the heat warmed my face compared to the dark, gloomy, atmosphere of the Deepsea Metro. Looking over and seeing Agent 3 finally calming down, I decided to walk back over and tune into their conversation. "Uh huh..That's great and all but who are you?" Agent 3 asked pointing at Pearl "I'm Pearl, my best pal over there" pearl said pointing at marina "is Marina." Hearing her name, Marina looked up and gave a small wave towards Agent 3 before typing back on her computer. "And finally the octoling over there who you got scared by" Agent three rolled her eyes "Is Agent 8." Agent 3 blinked at Pearl as if she was trying to process what she just heard before looking over at Captain Cuttlefish. "..I'm sorry, you let a octoling join the squidbeak splatoon?!" She yelled in shock and what sounded like slight disgust. Hearing her tone, I decided to sit a bit further away, slightly disappointed with her reaction. "Now Now Agent 3, not just any octoling, a octoling who has been blessed with the heavenly melody of the Calamari Inkantation" He explained. "Uh huh.." Agent 3 clearly wasn't buying it. "Besides, Marina has her weapon, I think she's doing something on it so she's harmless either way" Captain Cuttlefish replied. "Fine if you say so" She mumbled, and looked down at the floor. A second or two passed before she got up and walked over to me and held out her hand "Welcome to the Squidbeak Splatoon..Agent 8..." Looking down at her hand in pure confusion, I just stared at it, she had pretty nice nails. I shook my head snapping myself out of my thoughts before looking back at her, a dumb smile on my face. "O-oh! thanks?" I said back. Agent 3 still held her hand out, and this caused me to be even more confused. "You..do know this is the part where you shake my hand, right?" She whispered. Oh..OH! I am so stupid. I mentally slapped myself before taking her hand and gently shook it, she clearly already didn't trust me and I didn't want to accidentally be too aggressive with the handshake. Agent 3 gave me some more weird stares before sitting back down. I looked down at the hand that just made contact with Agent 3 and felt a warm feeling rise up within me, it felt strange but..not in the bad way? I decided it's probably just the sun and brushed it off going into the backroom of the heli to take a nap.

Agent 3 P.O.V
What in the inknation was Captain cuttlefish thinking letting a octoling into the squidbeak splatoon?! Was his old age finally catching up to him or something?? For all we know she can easily betray us. I facepalmed, watching the girl get up and head towards the back. I felt like following her but decided it would probably be for the best to gain more information on her. "So Captain" I asked walking up to him "hm?" "What is her actual name?" "3 you're gonna have to be more precise then that" I took a deep breathe before speaking to the captain, obviously I was talking about the ONE person who wasn't introduce by some type of normal name. Choosing my words carefully, I spoke a bit slowly before asking "what is 8's actual name, Captain?" "Agent 3, I would love to tell ya but we don't know." "You don't know? You're telling me you recruited a random octoling as an agent..and you don't even know her name?" "It's not my fault, when I found her she lost her memory" Wait wait wait...SHE LOST HER MEMORY "so you're telling me she lost her memory" I said with some worry in my tone "yep..." Great, I was rude to someone who's experience amnesia, what a great first start, Agent 3! I was about to continue insulting myself when suddenly Pearl's yelling broke me out of my thoughts. "AYO! WE'RE ABOUT TO LAND IN MORAY
TOWERS!" Pearl screamed "Pearlie, calm down 8's sleeping remember" marina said calmly "oh yeah oops" Right on cue a sleepy Agent 8 walked out of the backroom and collapsed right on me, not on the empty seat right next to me noo, right ON me. "See pearlie" "once again oops." I looked down at the sleeping octoling, not sure what to do. She wasn't heavy and she seemed very tired so I could just let her lay there, but the longer she's laying there the more warm and jello-y I feel inside. "Agent 3 you might have to carry her" Marina said her voice laced with concern "Fine with me" I said. I carefully moved up, grabbing the sleepy agent, careful not to wake her (Like the picture above just pretend it's Agent 8 who's knocked out and not 3) Making sure she was stable, I walked forward to get a clearer view of Moray Towers. The helicopter came to stop and I jumped out landing on the respawner. I immediately noticed the respawner was pink the same color as Agent 8. I put her down next to it and stepped inside of the respawner changing my ink color from Lime green to pink, just in case she does attack me. I stared at her for a little bit longer before picking her back up and waited for the others...