Prologue

A/N: Okay so in this chapter I decided to make Magnus have to heal Alec when he's 12 because of a demon attack.

Magnus POV:

He was annoyed, to say the least. He had to heal a shadowhunter, a Lightwood at the very least, because they put a young 12 year old shadowhunter on a mission to kill five rogue werewolves. Shadowhunters must not care enough about their own kind.

He sighed in the bathroom, fixing up his eyeliner because it got slightly smudged. He put on some more glitter and straightened out his outfit. Then smiled when he looked in the mirror, perfect, he was ready to go.

When he got there he saw everyone look at him in disgust, he just rolled his eyes. Shadowhunters have no filter. This is why he hated them.

Then when he saw the infirmary he saw Maryse Lightwood arguing with a girl that looked very similar to her, but all he knew of was one sister, but it was a Lightwood that was injured. He guessed it's just a strange coincidence.

"I don't get why you had to let her go out alone! At least bring someone with her!" The younger girl argued. He smiled slightly, at least one of them has common sense.

" She needs training! Besides maybe she finally realized that her choice of weapon will never ever be suitable for a Lightwood!" Maryse fired back. He rolled his eyes, typical shadowhunter pride.

"Don't act like you did this because of training! You did this because you hate her and you don't care whether she dies or not!" He heard her say before she stormed off, not even glancing at him.

He was shocked, that girl had a lot of nerve to say that. He admired her, but what she did was going to get her in a lot of trouble.

He decided it was time to butt in. He put on his trade mark smile and walked in the room with confidence dripping from every pore.

"Hello Mrs. Lightwood. May I ask where the person I am healing is located?" He said with an obviously fake cheerful voice.

Maryse rolled her eyes and pointed to a cot in the back of the room, then walked out, her heels clacking on the floor as she stepped.

He then turned his attention to the back of the room and began walking over to it. He then gasped when he saw how inured this poor girl was.
She was stripped down to nothing but her pants and a sports bra. There was a massive gash on her stomach and many claw marks on her cheek. He realized he would have to extend his magic a lot more to be able to heal this girl.

But first he needs to see if there are any internal injuries, so he did a quick scan, nothing seemed abnormal, so he got back to work. He let the magic spark on his finger tips, then put his hand on the girl's stomach. He tried to summon as much magic as he could and focused entirely on healing this girl, until finally, his mission was accomplished. He sighed, thank god.

He realized the gashes on her cheek could be healed by just cleaning the wound and putting a patch on it. So he didn't extend himself anymore.

He then saw her eyes flutter open, she had breathtaking hazel eyes. Then when she saw him her eyes widen and she scrambled until her back was against the frame of the cot.

"Who are you? Where is my sister? What's happening?" She said quickly, so quickly that he could barely make out what she said.

He just gave her a sympathetic smile and said
"I'm Magnus Bane, I came here to heal you after you went out on a mission and got hurt pretty badly. Don't worry, I've healed all of the major wounds. And your sister has stormed off somewhere." He informed her, when he said the last part he saw her mouth twitch up a bit into small smile.

He then decided to focus on what she looked like, she had medium length black hair, which was strange since most woman he sees have long hair, since it's a rule for girl shadowhunters. He wondered why they allowed her to do it.....

"Thank you, but how did you heal me? Are you a warlock or something?" She asks curiously, no malice or disgust, just plain, honest, curiosity.
"Actually, yes, I am." He says kindly, and her eyes widened in fascination.
"Aren't warlocks able to shapeshift? I've always wanted to do that but sadly we can't.... but I heard my mom say that to me once." She says, her tone seemed sad.

He frowned, why would she want to shapeshift? What is the purpose?

"Well, some can, others can't. I can't, sadly, but if I could I would definitely turn into a cat." He said, smiling.

She laughed at that, her eyes lighting with childish joy. He wished he could have done that when he was a child, smile like he had no care in the world.

Stop that Magnus, it won't do you any good to wallow in self pity. Besides, this kid is obviously hated by her mother.

"Well, I should be going. I doubt your mom would like me to stay any longer. Have a good day, Alexandria." He said, missing how she slightly winced at her name. Then he walked out.

Sadly, he didn't miss the yelling he heard from Maryse, or the fact that the girl was completely silent when she yelled at how she was never good enough.