Chapter 2

A/N - This chapter is so cute omg I love this so much <3

Word Count - 672

~ • ~

Sirius -

I groggily half-open my eyes, slowly taking in my surroundings through my narrow vision. I can feel the hum of the train underneath me, along with a warm body that I happen to be resting on. Not wanting to wake up, I snuggle closer to the source of heat, grabbing a fistful of fabric from their shirt and re-closing my eyes, not caring to think about who the body may belong to.

I feel the anonymous body underneath me tense at my movements, and I hear a snicker come from the other side of the compartment...

James.

At this thought, my mind starts to churn, wondering who I was currently using as a pillow. If James was sitting on the opposite side of the compartment, that left either Peter or Remus, as James would not allow anyone but the exclusive Marauders into "our" space.

However, the figure isn't tall enough to be Peter, which only leaves one other option...

My eyes snap open, and are met with blazing amber ones. If you look close enough, you can see the individual specs of orange and yellow, flickering around the contrasting black pupils. His long eyelashes frame the gems inside, adding to the fiery, charcoal look they naturally gave.

The fact that I am able to see this much detail means I am definitely too close for comfort.

I jump up and start to mumble an apology, when I notice how he is sprawled across the seat, legs slightly spread and his hair is tousled from sleep and the train ride. Damn, how could someone be so freaking sexy and adorable at the same time?

At this thought, I feel an extreme blush start to furiously creep from the base of my neck to the tips of my ears, showing my embarrassment.

Hurriedly, I grab my robes and make a quick excuse about changing into my school uniform to anyone who cares to listen, and practically run out of the compartment.

Remus -

I feel him stir on my chest, his hand clutching at a random patch of fabric on my shirt. His body is pressed up against me, keeping each other warm.

James' snicker popped the blissful bubble that both of us were laying in, and Siri seemed to notice where he was.

He opens his eyes, and golden meet chocolate. The layers of depth carefully hidden from the public eye are suddenly exposed to me. I can see a painful childhood, someone suffering, a person in need of love and affection. A broken heart.

As soon as I see all of this, he scrambles to his feet and mutters what sounds like an apology towards my general direction, closing me off from him.

Ouch.

He speeds out of the room, away from me, but for the second time on this train ride, I notice red tinting his face. My body feels cold and deprived without him pressed against me, I yearn for his touch.

I notice James' lingering stare on me and where Padfoot once lay. I must look disappointed, as the next thing he says to me comes as a shock.

"He likes you, you know,"

I whip my head around and stare at him for an uncomfortable amount of time before he clears his throat, not because he needs to cough, because it was disconcerning for him.

I hesitate, before asking, "And what makes you say that?"

"Oh you know," he says, his voice clearly faking a casual tone and dripping with sarcasm, "just the way he practically drools every time he sees you, how he used you as a pillow, and how neither of you complained when you woke up,"

I blush, drawing my knees to my chest so that I have something to do with my hands to help cover up my obvious embarrassment. "Doubt it," I murmur to myself.

Who could ever love a monster like me?