Chapter 6

A/N -  It's been a while! Leave your suggestions :)

Word Count - 662

~ • ~

Remus -

I flee the dorm and somehow stumble my way into the Great Hall with a few of my fellow early risers.

I see a few Gryffindors at my table, but no one I know well enough to sit next to.

So I sit alone, hoping that Sirius would have the decency to keep our earlier interaction hidden from the other Marauders.

I was such an idiot! I groan internally out of frsutration. Running away from him like that must have totally given away my feelings and how I feel about him, Merlin he must be disgusted.

I rest my face on my hands, with my elbows leaning heavily on the table for support, to hide the light pink dusting my face at the memory.

At least he hadn't seen the picture.

Sirius -

"What was that?" an inquisitive voiced questions from behind me.

"What was what?" I reply, acting dumb - only to be met with a look as if to say 'really?' plastered on James' face.

"Why were you flirting with Moony?" he asks, tilting his head slightly with interest.

Horror floods through my body at what I had actually done.

Shit, shit, shit, chants through my mind.

Remus knows.

The realisation hits me like a bullet, and I can't hear anything over my speeding heart thumping in my chest, and the blood ringing in my ears.

He'll be disgusted. Horrified. Outraged. Angry. Disappointed.

But I can't help think back to the blush that had dusted his gorgeous face, and how I was the one who caused it. Why?

He had shivered under my touch, falling apart perfectly. His breath had caught in his throat, I remember it clearly. I could even hear his pulse which was almost beating as fast as my own.

But he couldn't like me.

No one could.

Fingers snapping in front of my face bring me back to my senses, and the alarmed look on Prongs' face clears any haze left behind.

I playfully shove him away from me to break the tension. It works but he still pesters me with that question.

"Look I can't answer you because I don't even know myself ok?!" I exclaim to him in an exasperated tone. Those words are too close to the truth for my liking.

His bewildered and slightly annoyed look catches me off guard. His next sentence then shocks me into next week.

"You have a crush on him,"

I almost choke on my own spit.

I mean yeah I had my suspicions, and sure I have had thought what it would be like to kiss him, but it's not my fault he is so fucking sexy, but - oh my Merlin, I have a crush on him.

Oopsies.

James -

They are both completely oblivious to eachother. It's absolutely frustrating.

Remus gets flustered literally everytime Sirius is in the room, while Padfoot's eyes light up towards Moony whenever he speaks or makes a joke.

Remus acts extremely awkward around him, which is a sure sign that he likes him in a more-than-a-friend way if you get my drift.

And Sirius goes into a dreamy trance-like state when he looks at him.

Just date already!

Remus -

I look up from my still empty plate when I feel a certain pair of chocolate eyes on me. My face is already flushing.

Given the fact that James doesn't say anything about the 'incident' I assume that Sirius kept quiet for once. He's probably embarrassed for being so close to me. I would be too if I was in his position.

I suddenly notice a familiar body absent from the table.

"Where's Peter?" I ask the two boys who were previously conspiring if McGonagall's hair was a wig or not.

They both glance at eachother in confusion, until Sirius stares at me with his brown eyes which are suddenly drowning in concern.

"We thought he was with you?"