6. Lucius vs The Truth

[Are you quite sure we can do this?
Together we will guaranteed!]

||«"Well then, I'm guessing you are Sirius. Or I should worry that my nephew is going around hugging strangers."»||

A pompous git under the influence of a truth potion was perhaps, the most hilarious thing to think about.

There was a moment of silence after Lucius Malfoy downed the last of the Veritaserum potion. Deathly calm onlookers awaited the verdict. Adlet stood slowly and raised his eyes to look Lucius in the eyes. Choosing a topic that Lucius wouldn't normally want to speak the truth about. "How are things between you and your wife, Mr Malfoy?" The silence got thicker as Lucius seemed to struggle with something.

"Not good. Last last night we argued about divorce." Lucius said sounding forced and ashamed. Divorce between noble families, purists were considered shameful. A noble family must present themselves perfectly.

"Did you truly think the Veritaserum was tampered with?" Adlet continued.

"No. I just didn't want that blood traitor out from behind bars. Fool is a dark smudge on the Black family name." Lucius ground out.

"And why use me as a scapegoat?" Adlet pressed.

"I don't like you. Figured you and your little goblin had some sort of deal going on."

"I bet you feel quite silly now."

"Very."

"No further questions Madam Bones. I believe that's proof enough the serum works and that everything Mr Black has said is honest truth." Adlet said turning to Amelia who looked a little astounded and very amused.

"Of course. We didn't need proof as the potion was made here but I'm glad it's out of his system, so to speak." She mused. "The Jury and I will now cast our votes and the verdict will be given in just a few moments." Amelia then turned away to converse with her co-workers. Lucius was fuming in his seat while Narcissa looked completely indifferent to the situation. Rita Skeeter's note pad and floating quill were working away on some sort of fantasy version of what really happened here to day. She was looking at Adlet in particular who simply smiled at her knowingly.

Sirius was fidgeting impatiently in his seat as he waited for the answer. This Adlet boy had possibly been the key to Sirius being a free man. He was so close. Amelia turned back to her podium and cleared her throat. Any chatter that had sparked now fell flat. "Sirius Orion Black, regarding the charges laid against you of treason and murder we find you to be..." Amelia made eye contact with Adlet and her eyes sparkled slightly with pride in him for seeking truth and justice. "Not guilty."

Most present, not questioning the judgement of the jury due to the undeniable facts of the Veritaserum Serum, and now 100% believing in Sirius, broke out into cheers. Amongst them clapped Adlet and Griphook who'd tirelessly worked to get to this point in time. Sirius was unshackled and stood up, first walking over to shake Amelia's hand, he held nothing against her. She was only in charge once the trial was being held and had no power at any other time. He then walked over to Adlet and shook his hand before Remus pulled him into a hug. Which was very quick as Remus wrinkled his nose. "You need a shower."

"No duh." Sirius snorted.

"Congratulations Mr Black. I would like to apologise in behalf of the entire ministry for the injustice against you. No extra time will be issued regarding your being an unregistered Animagus. You simply need to register. We will be unbarring your accounts and paying you a small wealth as an apology. You have the option to be reinstated as an Auror, your pay doubled for four years. I know none of this will truly make up for the time you lost wrongfully imprisoned. We will find you accommoda-"