Chapter 8: Black

Chapter 8: Black

"He took my powers." Castiel said weakly, getting up.

"How?" Katherine asked.

"You said he was a Seraph. Like you." Sam said. "-"

"Like I just asked," Katherine interrupted. "how?"

"As you say, there's strength in numbers."

"So your pal Isaiah joins with the Xavier douche and steals your mojo?" Dean said.

"Yes." Castiel answered, sheepishly.

"Nice." Damon retorted.

"So how do we get your mojo back?"

"It won't be easy."

"Never is." Damon mumbled.

"So do we gank the douche or not?"

"No we can't."

Castiel sat down on the couch wincing in pain. He groaned loudly. Dean ran over and pulled up his sleeve to reveal the Enochian mark. A red stain on his lower stomach began to spread.

"Crap!" Dean shouted.

"The spell!" Sam exclaimed.

"Thanks, Edison."

"Cas, how do we reverse it?"

"I have it." Castiel said, putting a hand up to try and calm them. "Zo da..." He paused to cough, spitting blood into his hand. He said the Enochian and the Mark went away.

"Holy crap, Cas." Dean said, looking at the blood.

"What can we do?" Elena asked, tending to Castiel's wounds.

"The angel knows where I am. You said you know a witch. Can she get a list of what I need?"

"I think so." Elena replied.

"Cas, you're a leader, remember?" Dean said. "And this is the right time to bring someone in here?"

"Yes."

"So if you're asking the witch for some unbroken spider eggs, I think you should wait."

"Unbroken spider eggs for what, exactly?" Stefan asked.

"There an ingredient in a hex bag that can hide you from angels." Sam explained.

"And demons." Dean added.

"You're telling me there are creatures from Hell?" Damon asked.

"Yep." Dean replied. "And Hell and Lucifer, we even had the Apocalypse already! We-"

"They got it, Dean." Sam said sharply motioning to four shocked faces in front of them.

"Right." Dean said, putting his hands in his jean pockets.

"So I should call someone?" Castiel asked. Dean could tell he was unsure. Castiel wasn't that much of a people person.

"Yes, Cas." Dean replied impatiently.

"Castiel." An angel announced. She eyed Elena. She flipped when she saw the blood. "Brother, what has happened to you?!?"

Elena backed up after Castiel pressed the towel on his wound. He smiled at her with eyes that said "thank you." He looked at the angel who stared at him. "It's alright, Esther." Castiel said calmly. "They helped me."

"Who did this to you?"

"Isaiah is working with a creature named Xavier. He could have easily done the spell."

"I see you don't have your powers." Esther noted, healing him with the light coming out of her hand without touching him.

"Isaiah took them."

"How is that possible? You're Seraphim!"

"They're's strength in numbers." Dean said.

"If Xavier is a vampire, like us, he couldn't have." Stefan said. "A vampire is an abomination and a witch is a servant of nature."

"Guys..." There was fear in Sam's voice.

"So who took it?" Dean asked.

"Dean..."

"What?" Dean retorted.

He saw Sam was looking at the window. He looked fearful. Dean could hear a buzz of electricity. Sam and Dean smelled the air. It was like rotten eggs. Dean glanced over at Castiel with concern.

"Cas, without your powers can you get possessed?"

"No. I'm still an angel." Castiel replied

"Possessed by what?" Damon asked.

Sam answered for his brother as Dean ran out the door as fast as he could. He sighed before answering. "Demons."

To be continued