Chapter 9

Chapter 9

*Photo: Sam and Dean Winchester anti possession tattoos, season 3 episode 12 "Jus in Bello". Credit: supernatural.wikia*

"Demons." Sam replied.

"Great." Damon mumbled.

"What do we do?" Elena asked worriedly.

"Cas, you have your angel blade?" Dean asked, closing the door behind him with his back since he was holding two duffle bags.

"Yes." Castiel replied.

"Well Sammy can tell you." Dean replied to Elena, throwing him a duffle bag. "Give me a yell when they're coming. I'm getting out of this monkey suit." Dean said, taking off his tie and leaving the room.

Elena pointed the way to the bathroom, guessing his question. Sam noticed the looks they were giving him. He shrugged nonchalantly in response. He unzipped the duffle bag Dean handed to him. They stared at its contents. They could see red spray paint and numerous other things.

"Remember when we said this was our day job?" Sam said with a chuckle.

"What is that smell?" Katherine asked with distaste.

"Esther..." Castiel said, seeing her about to go to her. "Katherine Pierce is a doppelgänger." He explained. Esther stood down. He nodded to Sam to reply.

"What your smelling is yellow, powdery stuff called sulfur. It's what demons leave behind." Sam replied. "And this," Sam continued, digging into the bag and holding up a container of salt. "Is what repells them. It also doesn't feel so great on their skin."

"You said the angels can't get possessed."

"Angels can't get possessed," Castiel interrupted. "but their vessels can."

"What about you? And me?" Katherine asked.

"Dean and I can't get possesed." Sam said, pulling down his shirt to reveal a tattoo of a silouhette of a star in a circle on fire, his anti possession tattoo (photo). He pulled out five necklaces with charms on them. On the metal charm was an engraving of the same symbol that was on Sam's chest.

"Those," Dean said, walking proudly in jeans and a jacket. "are anti possession charms." He took a few and tossed them. They each put them around their necks. Esther and Castiel stared at theirs. Castiel sighed and put it around his neck.

Before Dean could continue, the lights flickered. Sam got out a hunting knife with characters of an ancient language carved onto it. Dean and the angels took out their angel blades. The door flung open revealing a woman with long, black hair. She looked down at the door and clicked her tongue distastefully. She wore a black leather jacket and tight black leggings.

"Wow." She said. "I was expecting more from you Winchesters." She smiled, entering the home and her eyes flicked black. She chuckled again as they turned brown. "I'm really disappointed."

"Are you?" Dean challenged with a smug smile.

"No." The demon replied with a hint of annoyance in her voice as she looked under the mat she was standing on, revealing a devil's trap. "You Winchesters never cease to amaze."

"I'm glad we didn't disappoint you." Dean said, still smiling.

"Why did you come here?" Sam asked, gripping the handle of the knife.

"Simple. I'm holding my end." She replied proudly. "I think he'll be pleased."

"How about you remove the spell you put on Cas?" Dean demanded.

"Which one?" The demon asked, enjoying to annoy Dean.

"Remove the damn spell, or so help me, God..." Dean threatened.

"You should learn some manners." The demon said with a teasing pout.

"I'm not gonna ask again." Dean said, putting the tip of the angel blade on her throat.

"Fine." She said as she snapped her fingers. "You Winchesters are no fun."

"So you're Isaiah's bitch." Dean commented.

"More of his business partner." She corrected.

"Angels can work with demons?" Stefan asked. "Why?"

"It happens." The demon replied. "Not often." The demon glared at Sam and Dean. "Now do you think you can let me out?"

"Nah." Dean replied.

"Excuse me?" The demon responded.

" No." Dean repeated. "Do you want me to spell it out?"

"You ASS." The demon spat.

"Dean, we don't need to know anything else." Sam tried to reason.

"Besides Isaiah's location." Esther said. "I'm quite the interrogator."

"I thought angels were the good cops." She turned fiercely at Dean who chuckled. "What?"

"Demons are all the same. Esther, why don't you giver her your best shot."

"Pleasurably." Esther said, approaching the demon as she rolled up her sleeve.

Damon, Stefan and Elena traded surprised looks. Katherine watched curiously.

"I tell you where Isaiah is, I die. I don't, I die. Where's my prize?"

"Are demons usually this stupid?" Katherine asked the Winchesters.

"Yep." Dean replied.

"Most of them." Sam said.

"There's one thing you should know." Katherone said. "I've died before. It's all about what happens before you die."

"I'm supposed to be scared of you?" The demon gave Esther a look and scoffed.

"Yes." Esther replied, less than a breath away.

"I have this, Esther." Castiel offered.

"This is our problem. We, as a faction deal with it."

Esther advised everyone to turn, but no one did. A few seconds later the demon was screaming and begging.

"Willow. It's a restaurant on Magnolia Avenue." The demon said, panting. "Now cut me loose." The demon grew angry and exploded a lamp. "Cut. Me. Loose."

Esther sighed and lifted up the mat. She bent down and scraped some of the bright red paint with an angel blade. Before the demon could move a muscle, Esther put her hand on the back of the demon's head. A high-pitched ringing could be heard as white light poured from the demon's eyes. She fell over with her eyes completely burnt out, dead.

"What... What the hell was that?" Sam asked, his face full of shock.

"She knew where we are. Giving out our location would have helped with the fact we know where he is." Esther replied. "I'm done here." Esther announced before disappearing.

"So," Damon said to break the awkward silence. "Let's find Xavier."