4: Home

. Noah .

Next morning after spending the rest of my weekend with Jaime. Monday morning I had an early shift again, such I was not ready for, I had probably like 3 hours of sleep, because I decided to start supernatural last night.

I had to walk passed the same neighbourhood and since I had an early shift I had to watch as people left for work, getting out their house, for some their wife would step by the door, giving them a kiss as they left for the day. Or worse, parents taking there kids to school, ruining my mood for the whole day. Great, now I'm tired and moody.

I walk ahead, making sure not to stare and appear weird. They same family was there again, I noticed the parents existing the house, with the little girl and locking the door after them.

I enter my workplace, the smell of coffee beans and cinnamons assaulting my nose.

"Hey guys," I greet all the employees who all respond back, clearly everyone was just as tired, no one enjoyed the morning shifts and lucky for me I only had 4/6 morning shifts, I don't have work on Wednesdays, it's my only day of.

The fist around of customers came, mostly early birds leaving for work, most looking all fresh in their suits, the only pro of morning shifts were the men in suits. Snacs

"Hi, What can I get you?" I looked up from the counter, my blue eyes looking up to find a matching set who was staring back at me intently.

I awkwardly shifted in my place, getting a little annoyed I ask again, "Sir, can I help you?"

I looked behind him to find him holding up a line, "sir-"

Then I finally heard him speak but it wasn't an order or anything, it was just, "Will," he whispered very lightly, this eyes displaying so many emotions, shocked, confusion, guilt and happiness.

I looked at him in confusion, shaking my head I spoke up, "sir, you're holding up a queue, if you don't want to order please step aside," his stare was starting to annoy me

He looked confused, I notice his eyes fall down on my name tag, he looks more confused than before, shaking his head, "So-sorry about that, I'll have an coffee to go," after completing his order he stands at the side, as I continued taking orders for the line he held up, I'd feel his stare on the side of my face.

He didn't even look away when Amy gave him his order, his toke his drink and finally left the store but not before giving me a one last glance.

Well that was weird

Once again I finished my shift same as yesterday at 2pm, giving me plenty of time to rest up and find something to do for the day, which I was thinking of finding another job.

I started my walk home, I always walked back home since it only time about 20 minutes, so that way I could save money on transport.

I made it back home and decided not to take a nap instead I changed from my uniform and put on some causal clothes, I ran my hand through my soft short hair, tidying it up as I can.

I walked back out and this time I walked around randomly around town, hoping to find a 'help wanted' poster outside of any stores.

I finally found a what seemed like a bar or club with the sign, I toke a picture of the poster which had a number and an email address printed on it.  

To tired of job hunting I decide to go back to the one place that always felt like home to me, the orphanage.

The walk to the orphanage was a half n hour walk, the reason I got this apartment was because it was the closest and cheapest one to the orphanage, so it was convenient for me.

"Noah," Liliana, who was like my mother greeted me the moment I stepped into the orphanage

"Hi Mum," I said, giving her a hug, which she warmly returned.

"Ahh I missed you son," she clutched onto me tightly, I chuckled responded, "I came like few days ago.

She pulled away, while pouting, "it's not the same, you know how it has been for me since you decide to be all 'independent'," sulking she turned around and walked towards the play room,

"I know, I know, but I try my best to come over whenever I can," I try consulting her,

And that's how I spent the whole day with Liliana, she showed me the new children and while I played around until dinner time and after finally since it was getting late, I decided to leave

"Alright Mum it's that time again," I sigh, pulling her into my arms, she was a little shorter than me, I was 5'5 while she was only 5'2. And since I was already short compared most boys I've met, being with Liliana made me feel a little taller.

"Do you have to go?" Her voice mumbled by my hoodie

I nod my head, she finally lets got after holding me for what felt like 5 minutes, she let's go, "be safe and call me when you get home. Make sure you take out the food from your backpack and put it in the fridge, unlike last time you left it the whole night and couldn't even eat it," before she could add anything else to the list, I quickly pecked her cheek,

"Yes yes I will don't worry, love you," I quickly left them building, starting my journey back to my apartment,

As I walk I remember Liliana and instantly an smile makes its way to my face, I shake my head and continue walking, through the same neighbourhood.

There they were again, the family must've been out because they were all getting out their car, all of them were quite and look of distress on their face.

The sound of my phone ringing seem to catch their attention, I quickly look away and take my phone out

Mum calling

Instantly smiling I answer the phone while slowly walking ahead, "hello?"

"Are you home yet?" She ask, I continue smiling, no hello

"I'm close, have you gone to bed yet?" I ask

"I'm in bed, was waiting for your text before I fell asleep," she says, I love her so much

"Well I'm outside my door, you can go sleep now," I know I was lying but I didn't want her to stay up, she had a busy day

"Alright then, good night, love you," she says, yawning afterwards,

I respond, "goodnight, love you mum," I cut the phone, putting it back in my pocket.

Looking across the street, I find the family still outside, they seemed to be staring at me, it almost seemed like the the family was about to cry, brushing it off, I walked away.

Strange