Chapter 3

George and Josh looked at each other for a moment before Josh approached George and held out his hand for him. "Do you want me to take your bag for you?" He asked him. George held the handle tightly, almost fiddling with it with his hands. "Don't worry. If there's something important in there that you don't want me to take, it ok." Josh said, noticing George's hesitance.

Josh sat on the sofa an George hesitantly sat next to him. "You're probably always this quiet aren't you? With people you've just met" Josh confirmed. George's eyebrows relaxed with Josh's deduction. He nodded in agreement and loosened his grip on his bag's handle. "If you are going to ask, I can make.... Deductions like my father can. He says I'm different to other children." Josh explained. "That means I know about things that happen and what has happened to people. like you. You're quite shy and so you're always on your own at playtime I think." George nodded after a few seconds. He wondered how he could tell. Maybe his silence made it obvious.

George was about to open his mouth to speak when Sherlock came in, followed by John. Sherlock was getting ready to leave as he wore his scarf and made to the coat hanger for his coat.

"We make our way to the scene and meet Lestrade." Sherlock said as he wore his coat. "But who will look after the boys?" John asked concerned. George looked at him with the same expression while Josh looked happily at his father. "Don't worry. Mrs Hudson will be downstairs and would come up right after we leave. I don't need to call her as her motherly instincts kick in and she looks after Josh for free" Sherlock smiled.

"Does that mean I get to stay with Josh today?" George asked innocently to everyone's surprise. "I guess so. By the looks of it" John confirmed, looking as confused as his son did when he told the tale of Sherlock Holmes before they packed the night before. "So, I guess the game is on!" Sherlock smiled happily and left, John following straight after.