Chapter 4

Times had pasted and the boys are all grown up. John and Sherlock had already grown old and tired of life and the many cases they had faced. Moriarty was dead (they hoped) and London had returned to its normal, busy and boring state. John and Mary are together in their home, enjoying the rest of the time they have together. Sherlock stays under close watch of his brother. Although the King had been taken down, Mycroft had always had a bad feeling about the welfare of his brother, and more so for his nephew. Josh along with everybody else soon let go of the idea but George had always had that small voice nagging him. He hoped to God that it was just fear.

Despite all this, George and Josh both agreed to stay in 221B. It was somewhere they didn't want to let go even though it was targeted by many of Moriarty's minions and had he had even stepped foot into the house. George was sitting in his father's chair, tiredly watching Josh look through files and papers he put on the new table. Now is a good time to say that the boys were both in University; Josh training to be a official detective as Lestrade advised him that the force wasn't going to allow anyone to take any cases without proper qualifications. However, Lestrade persuaded the new chief to allow him to 'train' there and get to grips with work at Scotland Yard. The chief didn't seem to be susceptible to change but even he had to admit that they needed the detective skills of the great Sherlock Holmes, and Josh came close.

George was training to be a doctor, like his father but just not in the army. He wasn't as cut out for the army life as his younger sister was. Even at the age of 17, she has high hopes of joining the army on the front line. George and his parents had differed worried opinions on her choice of career but supported her anyway.

Just as George was drifting off into sleep; "Ha! Found you!" George's eye lids shot up as he shifted in his seat. "What?" He said tiredly. "Oh, right." he rubbed his face before getting up to see what Josh had found. "This has the address of where the butcher works! I thought I had lost it just now!" Josh explained triumphantly. He swerved around his tired friend and added it to the file in which he had collected evidence into. "George, we're on our way!" He grinned and headed towards the door for his coat. George frowned. "Wait, so where are you off to then?" Tiredness leaving his voice and being replaced with confusion. "I'm off to the station. If they let me go to the butchers then I'll be able to work out who killed the school teacher." Josh explained. "No... You- you need to sleep. It's almost 12 and you've been out and about since 4 in the morning." George said taking the file from his friend. "But- but the-" Josh tried to argue but his new found energy from the excitement had already began to fade and tiredness had already stated to take over his body. "Go to bed Josh. You can tell them in the morning." George smiled softly at him and took him to his room before collapsing in his own bed next door.