The Note

I woke up the next morning with a start. My alarm was beeping and screaming. I stumbled across my room, trying not to trip on my dirty clothes, I'd have to remember to clean those up later, and slammed my hand on the alarm to shut it up. I groaned as I looked out the window. It was pitch black. Too early in my opinion to get up.

Once I was dressed I went downstairs and saw my cereal in a bowl with some water in a cup. There was a note floating around in the water in the cup. Oh well, nobody's perfect. The note reads:

Mateo,

Sorry for leaving so early. I'm meeting someone today. I made you breakfast. Have a good day! Make a friend!

Love,

Mamá

My heart skiped a beat and my left fist slammed down on the table. This opened the cut back up and blood spilled on the table. My heart then started beating a thousand times faster in my chest. I fell to the floor in mental agony, clutching the note, now a dark red. Why did I let her do this to me? I can't make a friend!

I fell asleep on the floor crying and shaking so when I finally wake up. I am in yet another panic as I notice the time is now seven. School starts in half an hour and I surely missed the bus by now. I packed my bag, threw some food in a plastic baggy, (to avoid the lunch line) and raced out the door.

I ran for what felt like ever. As I ran, I fought the nervous anxiety in my brain. The only problem is that no matter how fast you run, no matter how far away you go, you can never escape the bad things in your head if you need to listen to them.

Luckily for me, I got to school only a few minutes later than the day before so I was safe. I pull my phone out of my pocket and check it. My mamá is the only contact in my phone. I have a text from her, it reads:

Mamá: FRIENDS :D

I sigh in defeat and throw my phone into my bag. This is going to be a long day.

9/18/18

You all get a second update today because I cant wait 2 days to publish chapter 4

This chapter is 384 words. Hope you're enjoying the story so far :D

~Ashen