10: What's Most Important

The next day in Spanish class we were starting a unit on Mexican culture. "There are many important things about the Mexican culture," Señora was saying, "but the most important value is that of the importance of family. A Mexican values his family above all else." Then the bell rings and the class races out the door. I stay behind to talk with the teacher.

"Señora?" I ask tentatively. She looks at me with a smile.

"Ah Señor Orizaga! What can I do for you today?"

"Well you said that family is most important to the Mexican culture and I'm Mexican, but family is not the most important thing to me and..."

"Mateo, if family isn't the most important thing to you then that's okay. You just need to find the thing that is."

"Where can I find that?" I ask.

"You already have it," she points at my chest then her own. "It's in here. You just need to let the right time for it to show itself appear." She looks up and sees that the next class of students has appeared. "I'll write you a pass Mateo. Good luck to you." I give her a smile and leave. I understand what she said, but I still am very confused.

On my way to my second block I feel my phone buzz. It's a text from Ryan. It reads,

Ryan: Journey had a seizure. She's in the hospital. You should go see her later. Me and George would go but we have detention. I'm sending you the details now.

9/25/18

Hi! It's been only a week since I started this wow! Sorry I haven't updated in two days. I've got some crap going on that I actually don't know how to deal with so that's been taking up a lot of my brain space. The next chapter goes up in a few minutes so see you then :) 260 words!

 The next chapter goes up in a few minutes so see you then :) 260 words!