Chapter Two : The Deviant

(Ambers POV)

          "My name is Amber." I answer, Connor's face lighting up.

"That's such a pretty name—"

"Come on you dumbasses! We have a case!" Lieutenant Anderson shouted, interrupting Connor's compliment. I followed Lieutenant Anderson to the car, with Connor following behind me. I opened the back door and held it open for Connor. Connor got in and I followed afterwards. Lieutenant Anderson glared at me, most likely pissed with my actions. Connor seemed to appreciate my actions though, as he nodded his head as a 'Thank you'.

We drove for a bit, arriving at a tall building with penthouses, surrounded by cops and their cars. I opened the car door and held it open for Connor again, leaving to go inside the building afterwards. The brown haired male talked to the officers while Hank went on his phone, not wanting to deal with anymore androids. I stepped into the elevator and pressed the '70' button on the wall to get to the 70th penthouse that contained the deviant android and child on the balcony. I took a coin out of my pocket and continued to start flipping and tossing the coin in between my hands.

I stepped out of the elevator when the doors opened, and heard a man say "Negotiator on site. I repeat, negotiator on site." I proceeded to walk into the penthouse. I found a fish, a Dwarf Gourami, on the floor and proceeded to put it back into the fish tank. (Software Instability ^) I found a picture on a nearby table that contained the child's parents and herself. John Phillips, Caroline Phillips and Emma Phillips. I heard a woman, which I assume was Caroline Phillips, say "No, stop.. I.. I can't leave her!" As I started walking towards the main part of the penthouse, Mrs. Phillips, accompanied by a cop, grabbed onto my shoulders and pleaded.

"Oh, oh please, please, you gotta save my little girl..." she let go of my shoulders. "Wait.. you're sending an android?" The officer grabbed her hands.

"Alright ma'am. We need to go." He explained while pulling her out of her penthouse.

"You.. you can't do that! You w- why aren't you sending a real person?" She yelled, "Don't let that thing near her! Keep that thing away from my daughter! KEEP IT AWAY!" She yelled again, starting to cry as she got taken out of the penthouse by the officer. I started to walk into the main part of the penthouse to find Captain Allen. I heard a man arguing with another man about me being sent there to save Emma.

"Why are we wasting time sending an android to negotiate?!" The first man complained.

"That piece of crap could jump from the rooftop any second."

"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT! My men are ready to step in.. just give the order!" He continued.

"Fuck.. I don't believe this.."

As they were arguing, I found an officer on a computer, accompanied by Captain Allen.

"Captain Allen? My name is Amber. I'm the android sent by CyberLife." I introduced myself.

"It's firing at everything that moves. It already shot down two of my men. We could easily get it, but they're at the edge of the balcony. If it falls," he paused, "she falls." Captain Allen explained.

"Do you know it's name?" I asked.

"I don't have a clue. Does it matter?"