Chapter Five : Waiting For Hank & Connor

FIND AMANDA

As I followed the white path and crossed the bridge, I found Amanda tending to the flowers.

"Hello, Amanda." She turned around holding one of the red flowers.

"Amber," she turned back around towards the flowers. "It's good to see you. Congratulations Amber, finding a deviant was far from easy. And the way you interrogated it was very clever. You've been remarkably efficient, Amber." She turned around to face me.

^ Amanda ^

"Thank you, Amanda." I replied, smiling. She laid the flower down on a nearby table.

"We've asked the DPD to transfer to us for further study." She went back to facing the flowers. "It may teach us something about what happened. The interrogation seemed—" she cut down a flower with scissors, "challenging. What did you think of the deviant?"

"It showed signs of PTSD after being abused by its owner. It's as if it's original program had been completely replaced." I responded. Amanda started spraying the growing flowers with water.

"This 'Lieutenant Anderson' has been officially assigned to the deviancy case. What do you make of him?" It took me a minute to think about what to say about Lieutenant Anderson, since I haven't really worked with him yet per say.

"He's obviously not what I was expecting, but I don't have enough information yet to form a definitive opinion." I explained. Amanda turned around and stopped watering the flowers.

"Unfortunately, we have no choice but to work with him. What do you think is the best approach?" She went back to watering the flowers.

"I will adapt to his personality. It is in the best interest of the investigation that I avoid conflict and try to accommodate his psychology." I paused.

V Amanda V

Amanda put down the spray bottle and turned back around to completely face me. "More and more androids are showing signs of deviancy. There are millions in circulation. If they become unstable, the consequences will be disastrous." Amanda had a stern tone in her voice as she started walking towards me. "You are the most advanced prototype CyberLife has ever created. If anyone can figure out what's happening, it's you." She stopped approaching me.

I nodded my head 'yes' while assuring her, "You can count on me, Amanda." She started walking away before turning around enough to face me again.

"Hurry Amber. There's little time." Were her last words before walking off. As she walked off, my LED flashed yellow.

I walked into the office, needing to find Lieutenant Anderson. I started at reception since they must have seen him if he entered. I walked up to one of the receptionists. "May I help you?"

"I'm here to see Lieutenant Anderson."

"Do you have authorization?"

"Yes." I connected to her so she could see that I do in fact have authorization.

"Lieutenant Anderson hasn't arrived yet, but you can wait at his desk." She replied. Great, now I have to find a man that can be anywhere. I entered the office and looked at the various desks until I came across Lieutenant Anderson's again. There was a desk across from which which I assumed was mine. I asked a nearby officer when the Lieutenant arrives. "Excuse me. Do you know what time Lieutenant Anderson usually arrives?"