chapter three

Monday came by pretty quick. It has been how many days since the accident happened and things went back to normal. The FBI and the Justice League have been searching around, trying to find the unknown woman.

I've kept on wondering whether I should go tell them that I knew who she was or not. Everytime I do, I end up staring at random things and biting my fingernail which, I was doing at the moment.

"Mrs. Kael." I jumped in surprise when I heard a voice singing my name. My eyes widened, finally realizing that I was staring at the private part of the dog on the poster.

"Oh damn.." I cursed, turning around to the kids.

"Yeah, you've been staring at that for.. I don't know, half an hour, I guess?" One of my students, Nicole said. I could see the others grinning, trying to hold back their laughter as I cleared my throat.

"Well.. I was.. Um.. You see.." I glanced back and forth from my desk to the kids. I noticed their mouths trying to not laugh. But right before they knew it, they exploded into fits of laughter.

"Ha ha ha. Very funny. Know what's else funny, this upcoming test which takes 50% of your exams. Yeahhh, I can do that. So before you guys laugh again, try thinking about the state I was in-"

Suddenly, before I could finish babbling, the bell went off. Everyone simultaneously stood up with their stuff in their hands and went out the door, saying, "Sorry Mrs. Kale."

A smile appeared on my face. After they had all left, I gathered my things and tossed them inside my backpack. Then I grabbed my phone when suddenly I got a text from Rhea.

You leaving already?

I replied back.

Yeah in just a few minutes. Why?

Um, idiot, today we're finally moving in.

Oh right, I forgot. I'll be in there jiffy then.

You did NOT just say jiffy.

What about it?

You sound like Barb from one of the episodes of Thundermans.

You are such a child. Well I have to get going. See ya at the new house.

Kays. Oh and do you mind buying ice cream?

Rhea, it's gonna be freezing there. We'll just buy yogurt and then we'll place them outside.

........... Deal.

I laughed, putting my phone inside my bag as I walk out of the class. Then I headed to the parking lot where I parked my Jeep.

Hopping in, I drove in lightning speed to the supermarket that was halfway through the new house. After that, I finally arrived at the destination.

I parked my car near the house which was a bit difficult. Then I slammed the door shut once I got off the car. The cold breeze made contact with my skin, my eyes struggling to open.

"You're here!" Rhea came in sight who had her arms open, ready to embrace me.

I opened my and waited for her hug. Which, did not happened. Instead, she grabbed the plastic bag in my hand and embraced that.

"My sweet sweet soon-to-be ice cream!"

"Traitor." I playfully spat while I rolled my eyes. She giggled, opening her arms one more time to embrace me again. But I walked past her.