Chapter 3

10 years on I live in Sydney Australia. I live with Kyle in a town in Manly .

"Heidi" Kyle shouted through the apartment. I was in bed. I rolled over to see the alarm clock and read the green writing. '8am'. I had the last day of school and I wanted to look my best.

I climbed out of bed and slipped on my slippers, fluffy and warm. My laminate floor was too cold to stand on. I slipped over to the wardrobe and grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, grey top and my black converse. I curled my brown hair and places it over my shoulder. I opened my door and slowly walked through the apartment.

"Hey kid" Kyle said.

"You woke me up in the worst way. Hate you." I said to him in a joking tone. He was making coffee.

"Hate you to."

"And stop calling me kid, I'm 19 next month." I firmly told him. I was sick of him treating me like a kid.

He has always treated me like one, he has pretty much been my parent.

"Want a ride to collage?" He asked.

"Sure" I smiled.

As we got into the car he took a deep breath.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Well it's been 10 years." He said.

"Oh." I looked down at the floor and a tear rolled down my face. Kyle punched my arm. "At least you're free." He said.

I guess in one way I was free. I was free from danger and free from sleepless and worrying nights. But I still have flashbacks. It was a silent drive usually we would talk about the usually, about weather, school, politics etcetera but it was just silent.

As we pulled up to the car park I asked him to park on the street because I didn't want anyone I knew to see him I went to get out the car. A hand grabbed my arm. "Kid, I love you, have a good last day" Kyle said. I climbed back into the car and reached over and have him a hug. "Go on." He said as tears began to run down his cheeks.

Slamming the door shut I saw a reflection in the window. I turned around and right In front of me was a pice of heaven. I had never seen him before. He had blonde spiked up hair, a lip piercing, blue eyes and was wearing a dark top with ripped skinny jeans.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Ye why?" I replied.

"Because you've been staring at me with your mouth open for about 5 minutes."

I started to laugh. God I couldn't have made it more awkward.

"So I'm Heidi" I said.

"Ok?" He replied and walked away. How ignorant. He didn't even tell me his name. How rude can someone be? It is common manners to just say your name. I know it's no big deal but maybe even a smile.

"Heidi" I heard in a whisper like form from behind me. I twisted my neck round and my lips interlocked with his. He was beautiful. I loved him. Lips overlapping my tongue slipped into his mouth and his did the same. I wrapped my small dainty hands around his neck and he wrapped his, tight, around my waist. His hands lowered. "I love you" I said.

He was my boyfriend, Ashton that is. I loved him so much that I would do anything for him. I have known him for 7 years. As I held his hand he waved over to the ignorant person I had met. "Luke" he shouted.

The boy walked over and lifted his eyebrows. "Hey Heidi" he winked. I shot a look which could have killed him. "You're so rude!" I shouted and walked away.

Luke and Ashton hung around for a while chatting and Luke was biting his lip ring. He was beautiful. What am I even thinking? Ashton is by boyfriend? Like what the hell? "Heidi" Ashton was stood in front of me. I had zoned out. He grabbed my arms and shook me. "Freak" Luke shouted. I hated him so much. "Heidi, are you ok?" Ashton asked kindly. I nodded. "Some people are just twats" I said.