Chapter 6

We arrived at Luke's frat house at about 7:30. There were lots of people there and red paper cups littered each room. "Hey!" Luke said to me and Ashton. "Glad you could make it!" He said and handed Ashton a drink. "Heidi, you want some like water?" He said. I shook my head. I didn't really feel like water. "Have you got any root beer?" I asked. He went over to the kitchen and opened the fridge. "We have some?" He said and handed me a bottle. We sat down on the couch, me and Ashton, and we waited for Calum and Michael to get here.

At about 8 I saw Luke playing beer pong. "Go over" I said to Ashton who looked like a little boy that wasn't allowed out. "Are you sure" he said. I nodded. He walked over to the beer pong table and started to play. He teamed up with Luke and played against two other boys. I hadn't seen the before.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Michael staggering through the hall way. "Hey!" I shouted over to him. He was completely out of it. I hadn't seen him like this before. I got up and walked over to him. I placed my arm over his shoulder and said "what's up with you? You're never this pissed this early?" I chuckled. I think something was seriously up with him. I sat him down on the couch and he said he would be fine. I looked over at Ashton and he gestured for me to sit with him.

"Ok, so... Let's um..." A guy stuttered. He was pissed. It wasn't even late. Sometimes I was glad I didn't drink because it's funny to watch everyone drunk. "Let's do dares like" he said.

"Luke you dare this one." He pointed to me. This couldn't be good.

"Heidi, you go and make out with.... Calum." Luke said. I didn't even realise Calum was here. "Go up stairs" Luke said. We walked upstairs and Ashton gave look a look of death. Myself and Calum went into A room and just sat on the bed.

"So I didn't see you walk in." I said.

"I got here early. That's why I wasn't at the apartment."

"We're not going to kiss are we?" I asked. He shook his head and chuckled.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, just the fact that you thought we were going to kiss"

We left the room and walked back downstairs and as we did my heart sunk. It sunk into a bottomless pit. "ASHTON!" I shouted. The music went dead, there was no noise. "What the hell do you think you are doing?" I shouted. Luke butted in. "It was..." I interrupted him. "You, You you've done this haven't you! What do you think you're playing at. Sick, twisted, mindless..." I began but Ashton interrupted. "Heidi, stop. I will take you home" he said.

"I'm not going anywhere with you. Have fun with that whore." I yelled. I ran out the door of the frat and Calum chased after me. I burst into tears. I turned into him and hugged him. "Calum... Why did he do that?" I sobbed. He held me tight. "Heidi, it was probably a dare and he's been doing shots as well and has been playing beer pong. He might have been dared." He said. I liked Calum he was like a brother to me. He explained things better than anyone else could.

Ashton walked out the frat house doors. "Heidi..." He said as he approached me. "I am so so sorry!" He said. I could tell that he meant Ito could see it. But kissing somone like we do just hurt me. I know it's only skids but what bout when it's only a quick one in the back of an ally?

Ashton's POV

I don't understand what is wrong with her. It was a dare, she can trust me enough. I mean what is wrong with her today? She hadn't been herself at all. It's like she is a different person.

"Heidi, listen to me, you're over reacting. It was a dare I mean you don't have to take it this far. Just forget it and move on. I'm not having a rant at you am I for what you did with Calum upstairs am I" I said.

"Nothing happened." She snapped back. Obviously something must have.

"Just leave it now, are you still staying at mine?" I asked her. She shrugged and said "on the couch"

I walked her to my car and we got in. The drive was silent. I didn't like it silent, it was just eerie. I pressed play on the radio, she immediately pressed stop.

"What is up with you today?" I asked.

"Nothing!" She yelled. she turned to face the window and looked out of it. What was she thinking about? I pulled up to the parking lot and she got out the car. She slammed to door shut, she walked to the boot opened it grabbed her shit and slammed it.

As I got out the car I watched her walk into the lobby. I followed her. I met her at my apartment and she waited for me to unlock the door. "Heidi look..." I began but she was having non of it. She placed her stuff on the couch and walked to the bathroom, slammed the door and shut the world out. I heard her sobbing.

Knocking on the door I quietly and kindly said "Heidi, let me in please, tell me what's up babe."

Heidi's POV

I wasn't going to let him in. I didn't want anyone to be near me. I wanted to go home. Not to Kyle's apartment, I wanted to go to to England home, Ipswich home. I wanted to be with my mum at the park. I wanted to see her happy. Ashton knocked on the door and continuously asked me to let him in. "I want to be alone! For fuck sake!" I shouted. I heard a crash, and then another and another. What was going on?

I opened the door of the bathroom and walked out. Ashton jumped out on me and pushed me to the floor. What is up with him? Can't he understand I don't want to talk to anyone?

"I'm not letting go of you until you tell me what's wrong!" He said as he pinned down my arms. "Let me go and I will tell you." I said. His arms loosened and he let me up. He sat on the couch and I curled up next to him.

Placing his arm around me henpecked a kiss on my head. "What's the matter?" He asked. It was time to tell someone. 10 years and no one knew.