Untitled Part 7

"I think I like her, Charles." He said to his friend. "I mean she's pretty cool, I like that, but I think I legit like this woman I have only met forty-five minutes ago."

"She's cool, bro." Charles answered. "She seems to be level headed and can hold her own very well." He reached for his phone from his pocket. "It's your assistant. Do you want me to talk to her or do you want to field her this time?" He asked, holding out his phone in the palm of his hand, waiting for Niel to take it, even though he knew he wouldn't.

"If she wanted to talk to me, she would have called me."

Charles sighed and taking a deep breath, answered the call. "Sasha!" He pointedly looked at Niel. "He's with me, yes...Breakfast...at the hotel, like you suggested." Charles rolled his eyes once or twice as he listened to her. "That's something you'll have to ask Niel about. You know I don't tell other people's convo's." Niel had been hopeful as soon as Charles's phone rang and he announced Sasha that Charles would field all the questions. "Yup...okay. Nice talking to you, Sash." Charles didn't hang up, but passed the phone to Niel.

"Good morning, Sash." He said, continuing to walk, not really paying attention to the storefronts as he passed by.

"Cut it out, Niel. You know only Charles gets to call me that." He nodded like he knew she would see. "What did you talk about with Clare? More importantly, what did you think about her?"

"She seems pretty down to earth. I agree with Charles that she can hold her own, and she did okay when we walked outside and the cameras started showing up." With that last sentence, he squinted his eyes shut, in hopes that Sasha wouldn't be irritated. She wasn't supposed to be seen in public with him until after the wedding.

"You're not supposed to be seen with her til later, Niel. You know what the tabloids will say now."

"I know, I know." He adopted the same sarcastic tone Clare had when she ranted about the tabloids before. "Who is this new mysterious woman Niel Carter-Smith? Or 'After weeks of partying, Carter-Smith sets his sights." He snuffed out a breath of air as he looked at his friend. "I know the risks, Sasha. Besides that, In my first minutes of speaking with her, I knew I liked her. Not just as a person, but I genuinely like her. If she agrees to this whole thing...I don't know." He let his voice trail off.

"What else did you do, Niel?" He sure didn't like it when she broke out her mom tone of voice. "What kind of pictures did they get?"

"I can neither confirm nor deny if I held her hand or not. I guess you'll just have to wait and see." Niel made other comments before he said, "I also told her the truth. Why she's really here."

"Niel!" Sasha yelled. "You're going to tip someone off!" He could hear slight panic in her voice. Charles could to, as evidence by the smirk on his face. "Maybe this is a good thing though. We didn't really plan for this. Remember the plan was to keep it all 'Married at First Sight' like? Maybe this is better. Maybe we should get Kimmi in to run around with you for the next week."

"Nope. Not Kimmi. Clare hasn't agreed to anything yet. She's going to think about things while they wait for their meeting with you."

"That's probably a good idea." Next she yelled. "What does Charles have to say?"

"Charles says he likes her" Charles answered. "If she doesn't agree to your cock-a-Mimi scheme, I'll move in real quick. With her blue eyes and my brown eyes, we'd make beautiful babies!"

"That's not going to happen, Charles. If it doesn't pan out, she will probably wait a long time and hate everyone for it." She completely ignored the outrageous reaction he was fishing for.