Embrace Your Dreams

I was working in my home office for a change since Reina wanted to use the car. She didn't tell me what she needed it for, but I wasn't too worried about it since I trust her. I was typing away on my laptop as I heard the door open and close followed by mumbling voices.

"We're home!" Reina called out to me and I frowned a little at the 'we' part of that sentence. I got up and opened the office door only to see Reina there with Henry.
"Henry!" I moved to hug my son and he chuckled a little as I squeezed him close to my body.
"Air! I need air mom!" He slowly managed to peel away from me far enough so he could breathe. "I missed you too mom. Camp was absolutely crazy..." He said and put his bag down.

I had totally forgotten today was when he would return from school camp. I had been so swallowed by my work as of late that it had slipped my mind completely.

"Now, take off those shoes. I don't want your muddy shoe prints all over the place." Reina said and Henry obeyed, putting his shoes near the door.
"I'll go unpack my bag."
"Don't forget to hand over your laundry." Reina called after him as he went upstairs.
"Yeah, mom, relax."

I looked at Reina as she was being called 'mom' and her eyes lit up a little. I smiled and kissed her cheek.
"Get used to it." I whispered in her ear and slid my arms around her waist. She put her arm around my shoulders and rested her forehead against mine.
"I'm not sure if I can, but it feels nice, being accepted as 'mom'." She said and looked at me. "Now, you look like you need a cup of coffee and a sandwich." The woman pulled me along to the kitchen.

"So, how was the ride?" I asked and sat down at the counter.
"It went well. I have to say though, that next town over looks like a rundown dump." She complained a little. "But it was nice to be with Henry. We talked about a lot of things." She then turned to me and winked. "Apparently, he met a girl there at camp."
"Hey, hold on... He told you he met a girl?" I leaned forward. "And?"
"And nothing... His exact words were; 'I met a nice girl, she was funny'."
"Hmm..." I leaned my chin on my hand. "Must be serious then." I reasoned.
"Exactly. Now, my bet is is that he is currently on his bed, texting her." Reina smirked and handed me a cup of coffee and a sandwich.
"You're probably right." I smirked and sipped the black liquid in the mug.

~*~

After lunch, I went straight back to work and Reina decided to help me out. It seriously was a lot easier since I didn't need to explain to her what to do, so we could divide and conquer the stack of papers. We were both sitting on the couch in my office, the pile of paper in front of us. Reina's hand was resting on my thigh as she was absentmindedly rubbing it while reading through the file. I smiled a little as the small gesture just felt nice. I just scribbled down some notes on the papers as Henry came in.
"Hey mom?" I looked up as he started talking. He looked at us sitting closely together like this but didn't seem to be as bothered by the intimacy we shared as he used to.
"Yes Henry?" I asked and put my pen down.
"Is it alright if I meet up with Emma?"
"Sure, we'll be busy with work for a while longer anyway." I smiled and Reina looked up and nodded as well.
"Just be back home on time for dinner." The woman said. "Say hi to Emma for me." She then went back to work. Henry smiled.
"I will! Cya later moms." He then left the room.
"You and Emma are getting along well hmm?" I asked and she shrugged.
"We understand each other pretty well. And since that little incident where granny forgot the oven and nearly blew up the entire diner. We've gotten along famously. For once I wasn't the cause of the fire but rather the one to stop it." She chuckled and I shook my head.
"I had heard about that yes." I snickered. "I still can't believe that happened. But it's a good thing you stopped the fire before it got out of hand. Since then, people have started to trust you more as well I've noticed."
"They only need a moment to see which of the two Regina's I am, other than that, I have no issues going around town." She said and scribbled a few things down at the same time. I smiled as I was glad she was accepted by everyone in Storybrooke. Having saved the diner probably worked in her favour too.