This Town (Niall Horan)

Niall's POV

I slowly peeled my eyes open, the sunlight coming in through the window, blinding me. I smiled. Last night was certainly the best date I've ever had in my entire life. The perfect date with a perfect girlfriend. Rolling over to my other side, I tried to give Addilyn a good morning kiss. However, there was one major problem.

No one was there.

I pulled the blankets down, thinking that she might just under them, just to find nothing. I was starting to get worried, so I made my way to the bathroom, praying that she was there, showering or something. I knocked on the door. "Addi?" I asked, "You in there?" Noticing that the door was unlocked, I walked in, not even thinking about how she could be in the nude or something. As long as she was okay. However, as soon as I opened the door, I realised that she wasn't there. I checked the kitchen, living room, hall, name it. Nope. Negative. I checked my phone too. But zero calls or texts telling me that she had gone out. I tried calling her, but only her pre recorded voicemail message came up.

I definitely was panicking by then, but hey, anything could've happened to her! What if someone broke into the house and took her while we were sleeping? What if she had went out and been mugged? Or worse, what if someone had raped her?! My fists clenched at the thought of someone hurting my girl. Although I was known for being the 'innocent' one while I was in the band, my fans should know that I'm not as innocent as they thought I was. I have quite a temper and I am not afraid to unleash it especially if someone threatens my baby. Plus, I'm in the middle of writing a song called 'Slow Hands' and well... let's just say that it's far from innocent.

But that's not the point now. Right now, I have to focus on trying to find Addilyn. I quickly brushed my teeth and pulled on a red button on shirt. I headed to comb my hair a bit before heading out, when I noticed the note on my dresser, folded in half with my name scrawled on it in Addilyn's neat little handwriting. It read,

"Dear Niall,

I'm so sorry to tell you this, but our relationship isn't working. You're just not the guy for me. Plus, you can't provide what I want. I've already found another, and he's perfect for me. I can't continue this relationship. Don't bother trying to contact me or make it up or anything. We're through.

Yours truly,
Addilyn"

Tears brimmed my eyes. We're... through? I slumped onto the bed, sitting at the edge of it. The subtle scent of her Victoria Secret's Daydream perfume lingered in the air. How could she? Three years of relationship, gone just like that? Do I really mean that little to her? I recalled the event several days ago, when she tried to make a move on me. As she tried to unbutton my shirt, I had told her to wait.

"What do you mean, 'Wait'?!"she yelled. "Addi, you out of all people know that I don't believe in sex before marriage," I said, caressing her soft cheeks, "I want our first time to be the final knot that bonds us together." "But I can't wait for this any longer, Niall," she said, pouting. I lifted her up and kissed her passionately. "We've been at this for three years, Addilyn. Surely you could wait a bit more," I explained. At that time, she had said, "Fine. Only for you, babe." We had enjoyed a romantic movie night right after. Just the two of us wrapped in each other's arms. How was I supposed to know that would be the final straw for her? How was I supposed to know that she was expecting me to pleasure her in that way? How was I supposed to know that that was the thing she was looking for in a relationship?

I didn't even realise that I was crying until the first few drops of tears hit the floor, leaving small puddles on it. I reread her letter. She had found another? That means that she had been creeping around me for a while. Since when? With who? The thought of someone else hugging and kissing my baby caused my heart to ache. My throat went dry and I had to head to the kitchen in order to get a glass my now parched throat.