Heartbreak Girl (Harry Styles)

I dedicate this song to you,
The one who never sees the truth,
That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.
Hold you tight straight through the day light,
I'm right here, when you gonna realize
That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?

Harry's POV

My phone rang and Emily's name flashed across the screen. Okay, I admit, that was pretty concerning. I mean, sure we call each other a lot, but usually, it would be at night and won't interrupt our daily lives.

Nevertheless, I picked it up. "Hello?" I asked. The first thing that caught my attention was the sob that escaped her. "Em? You alright?" I quickly fired, "Are you hurt?" "Dies heart ache count?" she asked hoarsely. My eyebrows furrowed. "Heart ache? What do you mean?" I asked. "Robert dumped me. He said that I wasn't good enough for him," she replied, another choked sob escaping her lips, "And the way he said it! It was like he was so over me."

She whimpered and my heart reached out to her. Honestly, I knew that Robert was the one wasn't good enough for her! She deserved so much better than him! She deserved the world, and Robert never really showed her the affection she deserved. So, in a way, I was doing a happy dance that that prick finally dumped her. Because he's an arsehole. And it has nothing to do with the fact that I may or may not have a crush on her. Nope, absolutely nothing.

"What do you plan to do?" I asked, really not knowing what else to say. "I don't know, Haz. It's just that... it just hurts, you know?" she said. "Yeah, I get you," I lied. Honestly, I really didn't get why she was so hung up over a prick who treats her like shit. "I mean, we were quite good for each other, weren't we?" "Yep." Another lie.

"Maybe he'll come back?" she asked wistfully. "No! I mean, no," I said, "No offence, Em, but honestly, you've had your fair share of relationships. And when they dumped you, did any of them come back?" "Geez, no need to remind me, Haz," she tried to say sarcastically, but the hurt lacing her voice didn't escape my attention. "No, Em, I didn't mean it like that. I mean, you deserve someone so much better. Someone who'll treat you like the princess you deserve to be treated as," I said. 'Someone like me,' I thought bitterly.

Her voice regained my attention. "Really?" she asked, seemingly hopeful. "Of course! You're kind, smart, pretty, obviously you deserve to be treated as a princess!" I exclaimed. She giggled over the phone. "Stop it, Haz. I'm not any of those things," she said, and I could just picture her blush. "You are though," I affirmed.

I was just about to say something else when my friend, Niall, suddenly yelled, "Oi, Haz! We're going to start rehearsing soon! Don't make me drag your arse back here!" "I'm coming!" I yelled back. He raised an eyebrow suggestively and said, "You're coming?" I turned beet red and quickly yelled back, "Not in that way, you pervert!" He cackled madly before saying, "Whatever it is, hurry the fuck up!" "Fine," I said, rolling my eyes before turning back to the phone call. "I'm assuming you heard that," I huffed. Emily laughed and said, "Yeah... sorry for disturbing you." "Meh, no biggie," I said, "Well, I best get going." "See you around, Harry! Thanks for being a friend," she said.

Ouch.

"Yeah, see you around," I said, ending the call. Niall had been waiting for me, feet tapping impatiently against the cement floor. "There you are, Haz," he huffed, "I genuinely thought that I was going to have to drag you back here." Upon noticing my mopey face, he softened his tone. "Hey, what's up?" he asked. "Something called the friend zone," I muttered. He frowned. "Wha-" "She should know that they aren't good enough for her! They don't deserve her! She deserves me!" I yelled.

I could sense the gears in his head turning until they all clicked into place. "Emily?" he asked quietly. I nodded weakly. "Of all the people that I had to fall for, it had to be my childhood friend, eh?" I chuckled darkly, no humour behind my voice. "Haz, she'll have to notice at some point," he said. At this, I shook my head.