Chapter 2~!

If there's one thing that has made itself known these last few years, it's just how good it feels to be able to do exactly what you want without having to worry about others. That freedom, the leash that's as long as you want it to be, makes your heart flutter in your chest gleefully.

Strangely, that's the feeling I was getting as I sat at one of this outdoor cafe's tables and scoped the street out meticulously. A cup of coffee was sitting in front of me, hardly touched yet. I had to remind myself to take a sip every now and then to not appear suspicious.

'Alright... Come on out, you little bastard' I thought, downing another mouthful of the hot drink. 'I know you're hiding nearby.'

My sources told me that someone who was working for W.O.R.L.D. passed by this cafe frequently, and I had a picture of him memorized. A somewhat middle-aged man, dark brown hair, about six-one and bearing a crooked nose. I'd know him when I saw him.

Of course, this wasn't a mission to intercept him. I was just watching, trying to learn what I could before my flight out of London took off.

For the thousandth time, I started to mentally yell at myself for not leaving as soon as I'd given the file to Alfred. Honestly, it was too dangerous to stay when just about everyone I knew was in the same area. If one of them saw me, it was all over. The risks I'd taken to give Alfred what information I had were bad enough...

'Wouldn't it be great to learn what W.O.R.L.D. stands for?' I mused, taking another sip. The brew wasn't that great, and it was beginning to go cold, but it was the only excuse I had for remaining at this cafe. It gave me a perfect vantage point for viewing this street, after all. I flagged the waiter down and asked for another cup, and he filled up the mug for me a moment later. I thanked him, and he left.

But still, this freedom... It felt good. Really good. Very few worries, except for what I was dealing with at the moment, made for an easier lifestyle.

"I just have to keep a lid on it," I murmured, placing my right hand's cool palm on my cheek. Boredom was just beginning to creep in when I saw him: the man I'd been waiting for since I had arrived at this cafe! He wore a dark coat and equally colored pants; so, he was trying to blend in. Also, if my eyes did not deceive me, he was carrying something under one arm. My interest was piqued.

I rose from my table and handed the waiter a few notes, thanking and telling him to keep the change before moving out the door easily. It was time to follow this guy to wherever he was headed. Maybe, if I got lucky, I'd learn a little more about the United Kingdom branch of this top-secret terrorist group I had blown a hole into over the last couple of years.

So, I walked. He strolled along, looking like he had an important destination in mind. My shoes were quiet on the concrete sidewalk while his made slight squeaks every so often. Bradley was this guy's name, and I was determined to find out where he was headed.

Bradley turned onto a new street, making a left, and I kept the distance between the two of us even as a precaution.

He glanced back, and for a moment it looked as if his brown eyes landed on me. Bradley turned and kept going, though. 'I hope he's not on to me' I thought, adjusting my sunglasses. Yes, the sun was out today so it seemed alright to wear them. Besides, if they kept my identity from being made known to the ones I was hiding from, then they were a necessity.

'Alright, Bradley. Where are you going?' I asked mentally in a sinister tone of voice, narrowing my eyes behind the lenses of my shades. He turned another corner, this time having to cross the street to go any further. Like any good citizen, he waited for the light on the crosswalk sign to change before striding forward. I kept on his tail, but I was starting to get uneasy. This area was familiar... But they all should be busy in their meeting, right? I should be okay to walk by the building, at least.