Chapter 1

This is just a preview chapter and I have almost 12 thousand words written for the rest (and I'm not done).

Soul marks, destiny marks, engravings, whatever you wanted to call them, were terrible. Only those the universe deemed right got them and others didn't. It was way more common for everyone to walk around never having one their whole life than to find someone with one.

It had taken many long years for scientists to figure out what they were exactly, having only a small amount of people with them. They still weren't sure why some got them and some didn't but they just chalked it up to the universe and moved on. No more research, no more studying, just done.

That's why Jughead hates his. He didn't know why he had it and he didn't even know someone with the damn initials and it killed him. Why did he have to be even more of an outcast?

VL engraved on his left hip breaking him down little by little every day.

Every time he's alone he can feel it burning through him, tearing his skin apart from the inside. He didn't know who it was and didn't much care. That was until the summer the town went to hell.

Jason was murdered and right before school started up again Veronica Lodge came to town.

He knew her name before he knew her. Archie was madly in love with the new girl and with their freshly renewed friendship, he heard all about it. The moment her name flowed through his lips Jughead knew to his core that she was the VL in his skin. He didn't tell Archie. Archie didn't even know he had one in the first place.

Veronica loved the idea of a soul mark but didn't actually like having one. She lived in New York and knew so many people yet not a single one had the damn initials engraved in her memory and skin.

It was relatively easy to hide hers considering just wearing a bra could hide it most days. Most girls got tattoos on their chest to be cute and artsy but Veronica was born with one she never wanted to show.

FPJ accompanied by the Roman numeral three was seared into her for life. She did so much research about it and no one had ever had so many letters let alone the numbers.

Eventually, after many years she hid it away and never told anyone about it because she was so ashamed of it, thinking it was messed up. That somehow the universe decided to say 'screw you haha you got the fucked up mark' right in her face.

Then she moved. She thought maybe in Riverdale things could be different. That maybe she could show it off because she knew for a fact the small towns never got people with marks. She "knew" wrong.

Her first day she decided that she wouldn't ever tell. She talked with Archie and Betty. Betty was so madly in love with Archie and he didn't even notice her but couldn't take his eyes off Veronica. Right then she decided that a place like Riverdale wouldn't be a good place to tell people because their love seemed all messed up. The longer she stayed the more she realized everything was messed up.

She felt like she had met every stinking person in Riverdale yet not a single person had the damn initials. No the thirds. No Franks. No Johnsons.

She realized she'd either have to move again or never meet her soulmate which wasn't very common. One in a hundred of those who got the marks and only one in every five hundred thousand got them. That's why small towns never really got them. Not enough population.

She had just all about given up when she met Jughead.

Please tell me if you like it and if it is worth continuing (which I already have)
P.S. the rest is written so much better than this part.