Chapter 5

Man, this is super late but only to here because I forgot I posted it on here at all sorry...

Veronica wanted to scream. Scream out to the world for every wrong thing in her life. Yes, she was rich. Yes, she was popular. Yes she had nice things and good friends but she also had a criminal father, a mother who didn't do anything to stop him, she grew up raised by a nanny, never really getting the love or motherly and fatherly teaching that she needed, and a soulmate she hated and couldn't even tell her best friend about because it was her boyfriend. Her life was fucked and she couldn't do anything about

She sat in her bed listening to her mother scream. God knows what about but screams nonetheless. After what seemed like forever she couldn't take it anymore. She got out of bed and walked away. She walked right out of the Pembroke and into the cold night air still in her pajamas.

She walked for a good fifteen minutes before she knew where she was going. She knew because she could see it. The trailer park. She walked up to the door of the only one she knew somebody from and knocked.

Jughead opened the door looking oddly tired. The kind of tired you are when you just wake up. He was also in his pajamas, just like her, which did not consist of very much clothing. Not that hers did either but still.

"What the fuck Veronica why are you walking around outside in that you have to be freezing." He walked inside giving a motion to tell her to come in too.

"I really hadn't noticed actually." She responded and it wasn't even a lie.

"Well, your body certainly has you're covered in goosebumps." He wrapped a blanket around her before walking away. "Why are you even here?" She could tell he tried to sound mad and rude but he just sounded concerned.

"Nothing better to do." She smiled at him. Using his own words right at him. "No, I just didn't know where else to go. Drama at home and all that you know." She knew he did. She didn't know him very well but she knew he knew that well.

"You could have gone to Archie's." He said it half mindedly while obviously trying to find something.

"No, I couldn't have. He would think he needs to protect me from my own mother. He wouldn't get it." She followed him to where he was going. It was a small trailer so she didn't have to walk far.

Just as she had made it into his 'living room' he popped around with a huge smile. "Wanna watch a movie? Kill the time?" She just sat on the couch as confirmation.

He put in the disc and joined her. The movie began to play and it was some old movie Veronica had seen a million times. She had no idea he would even own it let alone watch it willingly.

"You like old movies?" It wasn't snarky or rude it was just a question calm and sincere.

"Uhh yeah love 'em. Why? You want something else?" he asked slightly hesitant.

"Oh no, I love this movie. I could recite it in my sleep." She sounded a little cocky but cocky in a good way.