Chapter 2

Ellie & Callus

It had been 9 years since the world had gone to hell, Ellie could remember the walkers in her nightmares like it was yesterday. Ellie opens her eyes and is welcomed with the bright and blue sky surrounded by the smell of pine tree. She stands and stretches allowing her body to wake up. As she moves towards her bag, she hears a rustle from the tree on her right. It causes her to stand still and look intently at the spot.

"It's a walker, Callus its time to head out." Callus lifts his muzzle toward her and trollops toward her, showing his back to her allowing Ellie to climb on top, then Ellie clicks her tongue to signal Callus to go. Moving forward, out of the forest and on to the road, Ellie heads toward the closet town to resupply. "Callus can you believe tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 16, this will be the first birthday with out Joel." Callus neighed at her as if he understood. "I still can't believe he's gone, that idiot." 

A child's cry brought Ellie out of thought, "Woah, there Callus" She grabs her binoculars out of her bag and points it north towards the cry. "There, looks like six walkers. Those people are going to need our help, let's go." She yanks on the rails and heads toward the beginning of her new adventure.