Chapter 7

The Group

The group had been together for three months traveling from place to place. Fighting Walkers, Clickers and a new foe, humans. Since the united states had no more order, people killed for no reason, stole from each other and of course criminals escaped prisons and ran amok, it was chaos. The group where glad they had each other and were a couple of hours away from Canada.

"Does he ever talk?" Ellie asked.

"Yes Ellie, for the millionth time yes. Just a couple of words, he will talk more when he is ready."

"Actually, there used to be studies that silence was a sign of intelligence." Carl explained.

"Sorry Ellie guess that means you don't have a brain." Clem joked. In those three months they had all gotten closer to each other, knew what made them tick. Ellie hopped off Callus and scooped up a snowball in her hand and threw it at the back of Clem's head.

"Hey!" Clem screamed. Clem did the same but accidentally hit Carl, which made Judith and Aj laugh. Soon enough they where all throwing snowballs at each other, laughing and enjoying being a kid. No one noticed that Walkers where surrounding them, until Aj turned his head towards a dark shadowy figure.

"Walkers!" AJ screamed. Everyone hopped back onto the horses and tried to swerve in and out of the forest.

"Look the border isn't to far now." Ellie exclaimed. Everyone was happy to see it so close.

"Look Out!" Carl didn't notice that a tree branch had knocked Judith down, and she was slowly being surrounded.

"Judith, I have to go back!"

"No Carl, I'll get her you go to the border and bring back help. Remember I can't get infected, I have a better chance then you. Now go!" she slapped the horses behind and raced to Judith.

"Come on Clementine we have to get help! Let's go Callus!" They raced further in and moved at a faster past. The border was right there in plain sight.

"Help us please we need help!" Carl screamed. Thanking the heavens Carl saw his father rush out to him right behind him was his family Daryl, Maggie, Michonne, and Carol.

"Thank God you are ok. Where is Judith Carl?" Rick searched behind him and Noticed the other two children. He laid his hand on his gun being cautious of them.

"Dad they are with me. Never mind that Judith and Ellie need help. Hop on! Ill explain on our way there." Rick jumped on the horse with Carl and Clementine let Daryl and Michonne take hers and stayed with Carol.

"we where riding away from the walkers and Judith got knocked off by a branch Ellie stayed behind be-."

"There Rick I see'em!" Daryl pointed to a tall pine tree. Ellie had climbed away from the Walkers and now was sitting on a branch and holding on to the tree, trying not to fall off.

Carl noticed that Ellie's eyes where shut close and she looked pale in comparison to this morning.

"Daryl and Michonne you stay here and help them down; Carl and I will lead the walkers away! Hiya!" Rick pulled on the rains and started to scream at the walkers for their attention, it worked.

Soon the tree was clear, and Daryl was up the tree and reaching for the girls.

"Kid give me your hand." Ellie finally opened her eyes slowly, and slapped Daryl's hand away.

"Get away from us!" Ellie was covered with bits and scratches, she was losing lots of blood which was making her dizzy. She was confused and didn't know these people.

"Calm down we're here to save you. Give me your hand dam it!" Daryl said frustrated. Ellie opened her eyes slightly and saw Joel.

"Joel... you came back... for me."

"Daryl she's losing blood. Ask here where Judith is." Michonne told Daryl. Something started squirming between the tree and Ellie.

"Hold on Judith don't let go. Joel will save us." Ellie was coming in and out of consciousness and was slipping from the tree.

"Daryl catch her!" Michonne shouted. Daryl jumped and grabbed a hold of the girls and fell with them. Thankfully the ground wasn't to far down and he landed on a nice soft pile of dirt the girls on top of him.

"I'm getting to old for this. Dam." Daryl grunted. Michonne ran to them and grabbed Judith from Ellie's grip.

"Judith hunny can you hear me? Baby open your eyes! Judith" Michonne put her head to her chest and heard a heartbeat.

"Hey kid! Hey shit! she's been infected look at all these bite marks. It's too late." Daryl looked and Michonne. Michonne checked for any other sign of injury and noticed a scratch on Judith's arm.

"no no no No! oh God no!" Rick had came back and ran towards them he started to cry, knowing he would have to kill her.

CLiff hanger

What will happen next leave some comments and see you next time