Chapter 5

Clem

"I got you now girl," the low life yelled as he grabbed a hold of Clem from behind. Clem was able to knock him on his feet and knocked him out but now was surrounded by the bandits.

"Bring it you ugly looking bastards!" Clem pulled out her gun to shoot at two of the five bandits hitting one dead on and grazing the other.

"Damn it! I'm hit, I'll kill her!" The leader yelled in pain. Clem was able to find a hiding spot behind a tree and was thankful for the cover of the night. Clem heard a sound of galloping and assumed It was AJ, in fright she turned to see her horses but strangers riding them.

"Carl I'll take the ones on the right you get the ones on the left." Ellie said.

"Hey, are you all right? your lucky we found your brother when we did."

"I'm ok thanks, and he's not my broth-." Clem was interrupted.

"Two more are left." Carl explained. Ellie handed AJ to Clem and proceeded to get ahold of the last two bandits.

"Clem" AJ exclaimed as he hugged her tight, happy to be reunited with her. Time passed and all the bandits where taken care of. Everyone was seated around the fire, eating the food that Clem had hunted and now cooked.

"Thanks for the help, but I could have handled it on my own." Clem looked towards the group in front of her.

"Sure princess, you totally had it under control. You know a thank you would be nice, we did save your ass." Ellie said biting into her squirrel. Judith had made a disgusted face, as she tried the meat.

"Don't call me that, I have a name. Clementine use it." Clem didn't mean to sound angry, she was just so used to AJ and her that she never relied on anyone else.

"Ok Clementine, so what's your story behind you and your brother." Carl asked as he lied Judith down next to AJ.

"He's not my brother, he's my ward. His mother entrusted me to take care of him." If you looked closer into her eyes you could see the memory's flashing before her. "I was seven when it all started my parents left me alone with the babysitter, she had gotten infected four days later. For my safety I stayed in my tree house for two weeks before a nice man came along. His name was Lee Everett. He took care of me, he taught me how to survive, taught me how to shoot, he taught me a lot." Clem was reminiscing in the past of the man that gave her a second chance of surviving.

"So, what happened to him?" Carl asked.

"I killed him, I was fooled into believing my parents were alive and I left on my own. Of course, he came after me, but it was a trap and he got shot. We were held up in a jewelry store, and he was turning into one of them... a Walker. He didn't want to turn into one of the Walkers and asked me to shoot him, I agreed. He told me he was proud of me and to keep going, before I ended his life." It was quite for a moment before Ellie asked Clem a question.

"What about AJ? How did you meet him?"

"Two years had passed, and I was with a group trying to get away from a bad man that wanted Aj's mom. He was really crazy, like psycho. We where finally able to kill him but at the cost of our whole group. I was left with AJ in my care and I consider him my son, I raised him and kept him safe, and I still will, cause he's all I have left." Clem finished. Ellie found the strength to speak next, she never talked to anyone about Joel, the fireflies, and the cure she carried around in her blood, but now she was ready.