Chapter 5 The Birth of Ai.

Chapter 5 The birth of Ai.

About a month later. Yuki is on bed rest. It's getting closer for the time to happen. They have been married for a month. They are actually doing very well. Yuki has gotten very close to Zero. She loves him dearly. Still not much in the romantic department happened though, due to her being very pregnant. But the closeness in other ways has grown tons.

"How do you feel this morning my darling?" Zero asks. "I feel ok. My feet still hurt, but otherwise, I'm good. I can't wait to be off this bed rest. Back to myself. I also can't' wait to meet this little person. It's not just going to be us anymore Zero. We are going to have a tiny person." Yuki states. I know darling. I am excited about it as well." Zero answers. "I am so glad to hear that Zero. Yori is coming over today." says Yuki. She said. She is going to pamper me. Whatever that means. Yuki Giggles. "That's fine," Zero says. You deserve it. I'm going to go to the stables today and visit White Lily. I haven't seen her in a while. "That sounds nice Zero. I am sure. She would love to see you." Yuki remarks." I won't stay that long in case you need me." Zero answers. "Stay as long as you like." replies Yuki. You have been stuck in this house with me the last week. If something happens, we will call you. You need a break as well. "I just don't want to miss anything "Zero states. Yuki reaches for Zeros hand holding it in her own. Zero I know. I thank you. You have been there with me, through so much. It means the world to me. Zero gently bends down and kisses Yuki on her lips. "I love you Yuki." He says, with a tender touch to her face. I will be back in a few. As Zero walks out, Yori Walks in. Going over to Yuki giggling and talking, spending the day with her.

Zero is off to the stables to see White Lily. The second Closest friend to him. She might have only been an animal, but to him she was family. She was always there when he felt upset and hurt. He could lay down next to her, and feel safe enough to sleep. She always only loved him.

A few Hours later, Zero was heading home. Picking up some takeout on his way. I'm sure Hanabusa will be over too. Which really didn't bother him anymore. He didn't mind spending time with him or Yori. To Zero's Surprise, Hanabusa has become a good friend. Someone he can talk to freely. Which is very hard for Zero. There were so many times in the past, Zero would just keep his feelings bottled up. Never showing. How he truly felt. That's how he lost Yuki. He vowed. He would never do that again. So as hard as it is to show his feelings. He tries desperately to always tell Yuki at least. How he is feeling. So she knows and doesn't have to ever wonder. Also, it was easy to talk to Hanabusa. He knew everything, that had happened. Zero could talk to him about Kamane. Where he didn't want to bring him up to Yuki. Yuki was doing so well. She wouldn't talk about Kamane at all. Only on rare occasions. Zero could feel her growing up. Letting go of some of the past. He was a bit concerned though with her about to have Kamane's baby. Will, that bring up issues again? Will, she looks at the child, and only think of Kamane? Would he? A lot of thoughts ran through his mind. Those he did keep to himself.

Walking up to the Door, putting the key in and opening it. Zero walked in. There was Hanabusa and Yori and even Yuki resting on the sofa. "Zero." She says with excitement in her voice. Your home. "Yes. My love. as he places kisses on her head. I bought some food home."Zero states" I figured you guys would still be here. That you would be hungry." "Thank you Zero." Yori says. Hanabusa Nods in thanks. "How is my pretty lady feeling this evening? "Zero asks." Um..." She Mutters... "Not sure." She says. My back has been hurting all day. Now I have been getting sharp pains in my stomach. Off and on. Zeros eyes open wide. So does Yori and Hanabusa. "Why didn't you tell me that earlier." Yori insists."Because I'm not sure, it means anything yet. I don't want to scare all of you if its nothing." Yuki states. "Please Let us know if it gets worse." Zero says with worriment in his eyes. For the first time, it was hard for him, to keep his composer. "Well." Hanabusa says let's eat what Zero brought and see how things progress. "Good idea." Yuki says. I'm starving!

After Dinner, Yori and Yuki stay on the sofa. Hanabusa and Zero talk in the Kitchen."Are you ok?" Hanabusa asks." To be honest. I don't know." Zero replies. I never felt this way before. It's hard for me to keep my composer, and not let her see. That I'm worried. "Zero she will be fine. People have babies every day." Hanabusa states. " I know that." Zero answers with a growl in his voice. "Then what is it Zero? "Hanabusa Asks." We have been getting along wonderfully this last month, as a married couple. She is getting closer and closer to me. She barely ever mentions him. The nightmares are gone. I can't help to think. This might change things again. Bring up memories. After all, it is his child. Zero puts his head down sadly. "Hey, Zero." Hanabusa says" She loves you. It's not going to change if that's what you're thinking. She may think of him, but she is with you." Hanabusa remarks. "To be honest. I would think. She would think of him, after having his child. I just don't want it to go back to what she was."Zero says." She was a shell of a person. "It's a happy time Zero. Think good thoughts OK?" Hanabusa Says." As they are talking they hear Yori Scream...HANABUSA! ZERO! It's time! They both scramble to the other room. "You ok Yuki " Zero asks with a concerned Voice." Her water broke. The pains are closer. It's time." Yori says to Zero please take her upstairs to the bedroom, we have ready. He lightly picks Yuki up holding her close to him. She lays her head on his shoulder, as she grunts in pain. She squeezes her hands on his shoulder. Closing her eyes breathing heavy. "Are you ok Yuki? "Zero asks terrified. Breathing heavy. She says I'm OK, just don't leave me Zero. I won't. I promise Yuki. He says in return.

After a few hours, and Zero never leaving her side. A beautiful baby girl entered the world. Yori places the baby on Yuki's chest. She just smiles from ear to ear. Looking up at Zero. Who is smiling also. I want to name her Ai. She looks at Zero. He replies anything you want babe. She is adorable Yuki. Yes, she is. "Zero, Yori asks. Could you please let Hanabusa Know that the baby is here. That he can come in. He has been waiting downstairs for hours. He is probably flipping out by now." Yori says as she giggles. Of course. I will do that right now. Zero kisses Yuki on her head. She is holding and looking at the baby. All full of smiles and happiness. I will be right back babe. "Ok Hurry back, Zero." She says. Smiling from ear to ear. Zero runs downstairs. Hanabusa, he yells. She is born. She? It's a She? "Hanabusa Asks." Yes." Zero replies. It's a she. What does she look like? Zero looks up at Hanabusa and says. Come to see for yourself. She is adorable. And yes if you're asking if, she looks like him. Very much so. How is Yuki then? Hanabusa asks as they walk upstairs to the bedroom. So far she is great. She did great. She is so happy. "So glad." He replies.

After a very long day, Yori and Hanabusa leave. Its just Yuki and Zero left with this new little bundle. Which Yuki took to immediately. She hasn't let her go since she was born. Zero opens the door to the bedroom peeking in. Yuki in bed holding, and feeding Ai. What a beautiful sight. "Zero. She says excitedly. Come in. I missed you so." Zero walks to the bed and slides in next to her. She kisses him lightly. "I didn't want to disturb you and the baby. " Zero says softly. Zero you're never disturbing me. Are you OK Zero? I'm fine Yuki. Why are you asking me that? I should ask you that. Your the one that just had a baby. Shaking her head. "Zero my love. You know why. I am asking you that. Are you feeling ok with all this?" Yuki asks. Zero lost in this thoughts doesn't really know, how to respond. He doesn't want to hurt her or bring things up. At the same time, he sees she did. She is fine with it at the moment. "Zero look at me." She says. Taking her hand, placing it on his chin. Pulling him closer to her. She places a small kiss right on his lips. He closes his eyes taking in the kiss and her scent. 

"Zero. I want you to be honest with me. Again I ask are you OK?" Yuki asks. Zero opens his eyes and says "Yes. I am fine. I was a little worried earlier for some things. But I am seeing .that your fine." "Yes. I am very fine. Zero." She replies. She is so pretty. I am in love with her Zero. She makes me so happy. Just like you do." That's all I could ask for Yuki. I want your happiness." Zero states. What were you worried about Zero? To be honest Yuki...He looks down and says in a very low studder... Him." Zero comments. "Oh, I see. That She would bring up him?" Yuki asks. Yes. "Well, to be honest, Zero she did for a moment. I wished. He was here to see her. To see the beauty that, we created in that one night. A single tear falls from her eye. But I am not going to dwell on that Zero. I want to enjoy her. I hope you can enjoy her with me. You will be the only father.  She knows Zero." Yuki responds Zero taking in everything Yuki just said. Never really thinking of it that way. Yes. I will be. won't I? "Yes. I know you will be a good one.." Yuki states Zero thinks to himself. How Yuki matured. All that she said, was of a woman, not a little girl anymore. That even though, she probably did think of Kamane, She excepted what happened, and wants a life with him. Deep down. He thought. She did hide some of her feelings. In order not to hurt him. No more the little girl. Who cried at everything. Who couldn't control herself. She was now the woman, and mother in control. This new site before his eyes made Zero love her even more.