Chapter 151 Letting Go of the Past.

Chapter 151. Letting go of the past.

A few days later, Yuki is at the Cafe. The phone rings and its Aiko. "Mother, you wouldn't believe the bullshit that is happening over here." Aiko states. "What do you mean?" Yuki replies. "They offered me Vice president. More money. That I can work desk work and field." Aiko states. "Well, what is wrong with that? It sounds great. " Yuki replies. "Mom really? DId Uncle Kaname do this? I want to get the job on my own. Because I earned it!" Aiko comments. "Sweety you did earn it. You worked there for many years. You should have President, but we won't go there. You would be stupid if, you didn't take the job." Yuki remarks. "Dad would be my boss. I work under him. I am still second!" Aiko hisses. "Look. Working with your dad is a good thing. You can probably learn from him. One day when he retires you will then be president." Yuki replies. "When daddy is 200 and finally bored?" Aiko states. "Aiko I know. You're mad at your father, just don't let that persuade you in not taking that job. You earned it. Go for it. You will make up with dad. He feels terrible. This isn't what he wanted." Yuki comments. "You never answered my question about Uncle Kaname mom." Aiko states. "Because to be honest I'm not sure. I'm not going to lie to you. I don't know. I have been too busy trying to make your father feel better. He has been coming to the Cafe every day. It's really nice seeing him more." Yuki comments. "Mom, You two are hopeless."Aiko

 "I know. Can you please talk to your father. I will talk to Kaname and see if he is behind this. Either way, I still suggest you take the job." Yuki replies. " I will take your advice. I will see about talking to dad. He can be a real ass at times."Aiko admits. "Aiko I know that's true. But please, he is your father. I wish you wouldn't say things like that about him." Yuki states. "Mom, How are you letting him get away with this? I know. How you hate him working here. The rumors? I Mean how can you just sit there!" Aiko Hisses. "I already had a huge fight with your father. I was mad at him for days. I still am but it's not going to change any of it. I love your father very much. What is the point in leaving to only come back? Not to mention he really doesn't mean any harm. I am not his mother, I can't tell him what to do." Yuki states. "Bullshit! You always tell him what to do. Just for some reason this time, he won't listen." Aiko hisses. "There is no point to keep fighting about it. It's over. He got the job. He wants it. Whatever. I did fix it that he is doing desk work. Which I know isn't fair. I can't do this anymore Aiko. It's not fair to your father or me. I just have to let it go. I suggest you do the same." Yuki replies. "Whatever mom. I will talk to you later. Let me know what Uncle Kaname says."

Later in the afternoon. Yuki takes a walk to the townhouse. She knows. Kaname will be there. He spends more and more time at home lately. So he can be close to her and the kids. She really does like that all she has to do is walk down the street and he is there. The feeling warms her heart.

"Good Afternoon Kaname." Yuki says walking into the house. "Good afternoon To my girl." Kaname replies. Sitting at his desk. Like always. "What can I do for you?"Kaname adds. "Nothing I thought. I would come home and maybe make us something for lunch. Just the two of us." Yuki states. "That sounds great." Kaname replies. " I did want to ask you something though. Did you help Aiko get the Vice-president job?" Yuki asks. "Yes. Zero asked me to. He asked me Sunday if, I would take care of it. He felt really bad about everything that took place. He wanted her to get something for all her time." Kaname admits. "She thought so. She didn't think it was her father. She just knew it, was Uncle Kaname fixing things again." Yuki says with a grin. "Ah, They know me so well. Huh?" Kaname replies with a soft girn back. "Yes, they do. Thank you for helping. She really did deserve the job." Yuki replies. "Anything I can do to help. You know I will. Just seems like lately, I do it a lot." Kaname responds. "This Family is a mess. You seem to keep it straight. Together. You were always the normal part of it." Yuki admits. " I don't know about that. I had my share of being an ass. You guys had a normal life. Things just got out of control lately. I am sure after the wedding it will go normally. You could probably go home after that. Get your life back." Kaname states. "Yea maybe. I will miss being here with you. I will miss you." Yuki admits. "No need to miss me. I will still be here. The Cafe is down the street. We can still have these afternoon talks with lunch." Kaname confesses. "I would like that a lot. I want you to know that I do Love you. I know. I don't show it as I should. But I do." Yuki admits. " I Know you do. I understand why you hide it. We have a different type of love. We don't have to say it. We just know it." Kamane comments. Yuki just smiles at him. Sitting down to eat the lunch she prepared for them both. They talk all afternoon. Even forgetting what time it is. Lost in their conversations. Lost in each other. There bond strong just in different ways.

Later that night after dinner and putting the kids to bed. Yuki heads back to the Cafe to close up. Making sure everything is ok. On her way out of the Cafe. She spots Zero Parking. She waits at the door for him. "Hey, I thought. I would stop by. I missed you." Zero says. " I am glad to see you. I was just locking up. We can go upstairs to the apartment to talk." Yuki replies. "Sounds good. I talked to Aiko today." Zero says as they are walking up the apartment stairs. " Really? How did that go?" Yuki asks. "Not bad. I explained and she actually listened to me. She got vice president now. So that should make her a little happier." Zero States. "Yea working under her father should really make her happy." Yuki says Scarcastly. "Babe, Come on. I didn't know what else to do. I thought it was better than nothing."Zero replies. "Yes, I guess in a way. You do know. She would have been President if you didn't return. You also know who would have been Vice?"Yuki asks. "What do you mean?" Zero comments. "I know more then you think I do. I know that Ichiru has been working there. That Kaname set him up and gave him a very good life. That he married Maria. They have children and are very happy. He would have Gotten Vice. I love you Zero. I know you worked hard for president. Many years ago. You just walked over two people that worked there NOW. Who gave their life for it. I know me and Ichiru have our differences, but he was the active member." Yuki remarks. 

" How did you find that out?" Zero asks. " I am now on the active board. I know everything. Just like Kaname. I sat here last night and read every single file. They might make fun of me for who I love. But they are not going to make fun of how I run things." Yuki responds. " I never wanted to mention Ichiru. I didn't want to make things worse. I know how you feel about him." Zero comments. "It's not as bad as before. He was being used and controlled. All these years he did better for himself. He never bothered us." Yuki admits. " You can forgive him but me and Kharis you cant?" Zero huffs. " I did forgive you in a way. I have to be honest there are things you said to me. That just hit too close. Every time I try to let it go. Something shows back up. I haven't heard from your brother in twenty years. No One brings up all that happened there. The only thing that still hurts me is the loss of our child. No one makes fun of me for that. Not even many but family even know that took place. Yoshiko married our son. I still don't really like her. I am just trying. I think its time to just let a lot of the past go. I can't keep holding grudges. With Kharis I am sure it will fade in time. With your brother and Yoshiko, I am willing to try to make peace. I need to let go of some of this hateure." Yuki confesses. "That sounds good babe. I would really like to be able to talk to my brother. I miss him. I just never said anything. I didn't want to hurt you. I know what he did was terrible." Zero comments. "If you want to talk to him fine. I don't really care. You can even invite him to the wedding. I am sure Maria won't fling herself at you anymore. She has the real thing. She doesn't need to." Yuki grins. "Geez thanks." Zero replies. "You know what I meant." She responds. "I do. That sounds like a start. Thank you." Zero states.

They have something to eat and just hang out with each other. Later in the evening Yuki using Zero as her pillow. He holds her close. Just thinking about all she said. Not sure why now she is ok with this. Being ok with Ichiru. Could she really let go of what he did? He almost raped her. He made her lose their child. Better yet Yoshikio? She hated her, she blamed her for anything that would take place. That was bad. What was going through, Yuki's Mind. He did know that she would be on the board now. That she had it with people talking about her. He knew. She would prove herself on that board. That Yoshikio was on it as well. Maybe this was to make sure things would run smooth? He wondered about many things. Like her taking out the Counsel. She never once let on that she did it. Never telling him the truth. And how she let go that he went back to the Association after being mad at him for days. Then just letting it go. He was glad, but it didn't seem like Yuki. In the past she would hold the grudge, getting colder and colder and pushing him out. Did she really just let go? How could you let go when she was that mad? Maybe she was just really tired of it all. 

He remembered her saying that over and over in the fight. Maybe she was just tired of fighting? Not really sure what her intentions were or thoughts. Zero just lays there throughout the night wondering. This could be a good thing or turn out to be terrible. He did like the idea of seeing his brother again. He did miss him. He would keep tabs on him. Just not letting Yuki know. After all, it was his twin. The other half of him. He was glad and thankful to Kaname for giving him a chance. For making his life turn out good after all the heartache. When he thought about it, he was glad Kaname was on the board now. He knew that he would try his hardest to make things go smoothly. Maybe this was really a good thing.