Tell the truth.

Severus hadn't even seen the woman for months. Normally he would see her momentarily, he wouldn't always hear her but he normally saw her. He found himself unable to concentrate and his students received less help and even more punishments. His temper flared and regularly his office door slammed open and the bookcase covered the small opening. Disappointment always crossed his features when she wasn't sat there waiting for him. The time had passed and four years had passed since she had been found for the first time. The public knew her to be alive but newspapers were told she wished to stay hidden until further notice. It was quickly forgotten as more death eaters were located and their soul lost to a kiss. The absence grated on Severus so greatly that he was furious no matter the activity that took his time. "Miss Brown, just let me know that you are alive. I know that you promised me that you wouldn't but I haven't seen or heard anything." His voice was stern and clearly he had poor patience. Snape tried to push on the boundary and it pushed back. No relief was felt as he knew that her death would only strengthen the force. No longer would air travel between the two places if she died but he never knew if air did travel between the two places when she was alive.

Severus found himself moving classroom once again as he went to take the potion position. As his office was about to be emptied by him he realised that he hadn't been in there for a week or so. The young witch didn't even have him to be nagging her. No socialisation was had by the woman. As the door opened he saw the pale girl bolt up and run. She was already in the room by the time that he managed to walk to the open area that was her door. "Grace. I am taking over the potion master position. I took your advice. Today is my last formal day of being in here. The other professor decided that he wanted an office elsewhere." Slowly but surely the girl walked from the blackened room and came to the entrance. "I will miss you Mr Snape." Her nose scrunched up as tears sprung to her eyes and a small sad smile graced her lips. Her hand reached out to touch his chest but it stopped a few inches away and more tears dropped freely from the pale witch's eyes. "I know you are only moving room but this is the seventh floor. You are in the dungeons that is what?" She stopped and began quietly counting "dungeons, they don't count. There is the ground floor then first through seventh. Eight floors between us." Snape hadn't realised that he had grow as close to her as he had. "What made you suddenly want to face me?" Severus asked bewildered by her suddenly open nature. "Departure does stuff. Goodbye Slytherin." The nickname had started but he didn't overly like it. "Look, if I ever get out I want all of your doors to have the password 'broody' that way I can surprise you." The word was also a nickname that he had received and liked more than Slytherin. "What house were you?" It was only then that he realised that out of all the years he had known Grace not once did her house get mentioned. "Ravenclaw." It was the last word she spoke as she watched the man wave a wand to pack then leave. Her hand, still not moved from before, slowly slipped down the barricade and she fell into a heaped pile on the floor. Just like four years prior she was stuck and alone.

After a week of being left alone to sleep and think of the outside Grace heard the door open. Not once did she leave the doorway in hopes of catching a glimpse of something. Not lifting her head she greeted. "Hello." It was quiet then a voice she didn't expect spoke. "Hello." Severus had returned and a smile met him when she lifted her head. "I have a question. You mentioned that your hair grew. By how much?" The question took the woman by surprise but she answered. "It was at my shoulders when I was 18." The honey hair that hit the backs of her knees caught his eyes. "Has anything else grown?" A shy nod came his way. "Yes, my finger nails." The man slightly flushed red but it was gone just as quickly. "Right. I am going to try his spell. It might take immediately, not at all or perhaps in a few years time. No one knows." The woman nodded but the disbelief was clear in her eyes.

The man stood staring at her intently and she shyly smiled back. "vincula lapsi sarcire ruina." Swift and certain hand movements resulted in extreme sparks flying towards her. Blue eyes slightly squinted as it suddenly rushed towards her. "Right. Only time will tell." The professor had started leaving when she spoke. "Broody, thank you. I know you only did this to get me out of your hair. I heard you tell Minerva. It doesn't stop me from being grateful though." Snape left and found his heart swelling at her words. The students wouldn't be returning for a while so he decided to visit her daily to see how the spell had worked.

A slim hand reached out, not to escape but to try touch and catch the leaving man. Still the barrier stopped her and flashbacks made her realise how often she had carried out that very act. Her slim fingers stayed flat against the surface whilst honey hair was flattened between her prison wall and her head. Of course the woman didn't believe that it would work but the man who did it worked for her. Grace often would dream of leaving but that stopped as she knew it only upset her more. The room had been her home for so long but in reality she had spent most of the years asleep. She was certain that she had even slept for a year once. When it was dark she believed it to be her mind, she believed that it was a bad dream but the light brought the truth to her heart.