I want to break free.

Everyday the woman would sit there, sleep there. Constant contact with the boarder between her and outside world was made. She just wanted to feel something other than the coarse bricks. The barrier was in fact warm against her bare skin. The days and weeks passed. Students quickly filled the halls and this was realised as loud obnoxious voices spoke in passing the room she called home. The pain of being alone was one she had endured for so long that Grace found no pain in the matter but a craving for Severus kept stirring. Still the girl wasn't willing to do anything to stop it.

The pent up rage of not having seen Severus got to a furious level where she ran towards the door and slammed her fist into the barrier. After almost five minutes her fists stopped and instead her hands had to catch her as a cool air caught her by surprise. The floor was cold and not normal. Wide eyes witnessed her surroundings as the usual boundaries lay behind her. Fear took over and the woman ran. Her legs were small and a desire to pee took her. As she ran the student's toilets were spotted and then used. No one seemed to be around as it was lunch. No noise was made as Grace sprinted into the dungeon and found the door that Severus had described as his room. The school hadn't changed one bit as every twist and turn that she made was familiar. As the vast wooden door came into full view she felt panic set in as Grace realised that she didn't know the password. "Broody." It may have been a question but sure enough the door opened and entrance was granted.

Black walls and green furniture met her. "Black isn't even the Slytherin colour." It was a joking comment as she saw the beauty of the room. The silver and gold could also be seen in flecks. Smooth fingers ran across surfaces and doors opened. A bedroom was up a set of stairs with an en suite. Black and green were prominent. When the bathroom was entered a mirror showed the girl what she looked like. The hair was a mess and her face was somehow tired. Grace looked older than she thought as the young 18 year old was the last face she remembered that belonged to her. "Daisy." Grace was unsure if the desired effect would be had but it was. A small house elf appeared and bowed. Large brown eyes met light blue ones. "Oh, Miss Brown. It is so nice to see you. I hears you has been found. Oh, Miss Brown you were always so nice as a student." The elf quietened down and listened to the order. "I require new clothes, a towel, a small slice of your pie and a drink of water. Oh, also shampoo and conditioner." The house elf left then came back with it all. The pie was eaten immediately and the drink was gone. "Daisy I ask that you accompany me until I say." The house elf just followed as a curtain was pulled and a small hand then threw little fabric onto the floor not far from the bath.

Before Grace left the warm embrace that the hot water offered she washed her body. The water turned off and with the wave of her wand, that was never far from her, clothes were placed on as well as her hair drying. The dress was short and modern. Black flat shoes were just a distance away from the shower and a clothed girl walked out. Fortunately the shower floor dried or else her stockings would be very wet. The black dress just covered the top of the stockings. The dress being short and yet minimally puffing from where the fabric drew in at the waist. The dress was netted and simple. Her hair was clean and with help from Daisy, it was washed. "Right, Daisy. Is it dinner time yet? I am still hungry." The hunger of not eating affected her still. Despite not needing to eat she still felt an unscratchable itch for food. "It started five minutes ago." The small house elf informed politely and then accepted the offered hand. The pair walked to the great hall and for the first time in a long time, Grace felt beautiful. The feeling didn't last long though as hunger and fear crept in. Fear of Snape never wanting her company again. Fear of rejection from her peers.

The hall was busy and so Grace sneaking in was unnoticed and she was all too thankful for that. More of Daisy's pie was eaten gratefully as well as pumpkin juice. It wasn't until the students had practically all left and the professors were waiting to be allowed to leave themselves that the girl was actually noticed. A few Ravenclaw students had spotted her when she sat but Grace asked them to not make a fuss. Word would surely spread eventually but until then it was hoped that she could have a normal life. When she was the only person left, Daisy being asked to leave moments before, the staff all looked up to see who was keeping them from leaving. "Grace." Was cast through the hall as Poppy spoke. "How?" Was what Minerva asked next as they all listened quietly. "Severus cast a spell a while back. I got angry earlier today and kept hitting the  boundary. I just kind of fell through." Grace walked up to the table as she spoke. "I came here to let you know that I was free. I figured that I hid so often that you might think I was still in there. Anyway." The black flats carried the woman from the hall all the way to the large doors. Leaving the place after so many years felt wrong but it had to be done. The cold air tore the idea of a warm day but the feeling of the wind, the sun beating down was such an odd experience that a smile covered her face all the way to the gates. Finally the fresh air that seemed so far away and unattainable was there. The fresh grass that didn't seem to have changed made tears of the purest joy fall onto her cold cheeks.