4 - Woods

As Milo's body began to fall, the air around him shot up, his body downward. His hair flopped on his head, and as his heart raced he had no choice but to scream as his lips opened, letting the sound out. He shut his eyes and his limbs stuck together closely bracing for impact.

He had no idea where he was falling, what onto, or if he was gonna die at this very moment in the air. Soon enough, Milo's back bounced upon a hard but comfortable surface as he was sent flying in the air again, his hands wailing. He fell again onto the surface, bouncing again this time but smaller, and finally opened his eyes as he lay flat.

All he saw was the blue sky, tall trees, and a hotel on his right.

"Your a brave Mime aren't you?" He heard Zinnia say. It was just then that he realized he was laying on top of a trampoline. His head shot toward Zinnia's voice, and saw Harris standing next to her.

Milo began to get up, rubbing his head as a blistering pain boomed in the back of it.

"Couldn't we have just walked?" He asked as he jumped off the trampoline. Harris folded his arms, "You would rather take the stairs than do that? Your crazy, that was awesome!"

"Correction. You would rather have Mr.Kai see us walk out of the hotel, than secretly escape?" Zinnia raised her eyebrows. "Anyways, we gotta get going, we shouldn't be gone for long or else they might realize we left." Just like that, Zinnia began to sprint toward the woods.

" Are you serious? The woods?" Milo whined, but the others were already almost out of sight and he was left with no choice but to follow. Eventually, he caught up with the two of them, and they all continued walking deeper and deeper through the trees. At one point, Harris and Milo thought about turning around, but had no idea which direction they came from. Zinnia would say, "Trust me it's worth it." until the boys gave in.

They continued walking for about a quarter of a mile when Zinnia stopped, looked around, and realized they were extremely close to their destination. "Hurry, it's near!" She said to the boys and began running.

The two were already tired at this point, even Harris had no motivation to run. They were forced to do a lazy jog to catch up with Zinnia, and soon enough she stopped and looked up at a great open plain. Milo saw her stop and assumed they had reached their destination, "Finally, what was so spectacular that you wanted to show us?"

"Look!" Zinnia was fascinated, "Isn't it just- just- amazing?" Harris stepped beside her and gazed at the abandoned circus that was set in front of him. "Woah, what is this?" He touched the colorful tent, and walked up to the huge tightrope. "I don't know, I thought maybe it was an old circus they had used years ago, but it's in perfect shape. I don't get why they would just leave it here." Zinnia said.

Milo was impressed, he thought he was standing beside a historical circus figure. This was worth every bit of walking, every step he took. He felt excitement for doing what he loved most jitter through his veins. So what the circus was a bit weird, isn't everything a little unnatural?

"This is actually the coolest thing ever!" Milo said. Zinnia smiled, she knew they'd like it. Unfortunately she remembered the others were probably done with lunch by now, and had to drag the boys away. In the few seconds they had been there, the place seemed connected to them.

After the walk back, everyone seemed to be in the hotel rooms already. Beckett was sitting on her bunk, wondering where the other three went.
Nobody she asked had seen them, so she was left lonely and bored.

Beckett hopped off her bed and plopped onto the floor. She walked out of the hotel room, deciding to go look for them. Meanwhile, Anna was out and about among the hallway, when Beckett ran into her. "Beckett? Where you going?" She said. Beckett pulled her arm and dragged Anna with her, "We're," she looked at Anna, "going to look for Milo, Harris, and Zinnia."

Anna had nothing better to do, and she was already being dragged so she thought, why not?

Beckett brought them both to the lobby, where lunch had been cleaned up and surprisingly nobody stood but them. They sneaked out of the hotel and outside, where they began walking around the hotel.

Harris, Milo, and Zinnia were still running, getting closer to the hotel by the second. As Beckett and Anna circled the hotel once and found themselves in front of the lobby door, the other three came running at them.

"I've been looking everywhere for you guys!" Beckett smiled. Anna looked behind the three, "Why were you in the woods?"

"Long story, but is everyone in their rooms already?" Harris talked fast. "Yeah that's why I was looking for you gu-" Beckett was cut off when Harris, Milo, and Zinnia ran inside while trying not to get caught by Mr.Kai.

Anna and Beckett had no idea what they were doing, but followed anyways.

They all ran towards the stairs, and trampled up trying to be the fastest. The got to their floors and Anna went into her room with the others.

The other four however, were locked out of their room.

"Jesus why would you lock it?" Zinnia blamed Beckett. "I didn't it automatically locks!" Harris joined in, "This is great, this is amazing. Of course we get locked out." The arguing continued, but Milo didn't contribute nor take sides. He was too shy and didn't like the arguing.

"What are we supposed to do?"

"Don't look at me?!"

"Why would you do that!"

"We're screwed!"

"Wait!"

Zinnia yelled, making everyone quiet. "Okay, I'm the magician I can fix this. Uh." She looked around trying to see what she could use.

"Perfect!"

She pulled a bobby-pin out of Beckett's hair, making Beckett flinch. Zinnia continued to do her "Bobby-pin magic" and eventually opened the door, letting everyone in.

"So basic, yet so helpful." She smiled.

While nights in the circus passed by, and confusion and mystery ensued, Damon and Arya continued their late night roof talks.

They laughed, cried, slept, told secrets, and created a strong bond.

Whatever they talked about on the roof, stayed on the roof. It was a home to them, and helped them get through every crazy and peculiar day.