Revelations

A/n

This chapter is dedicated to @IreenChau, your comments always make me laugh. Thank you for reading.

Eric just smiled.

******

Dear Sir Baldwin,

By time this letter would have reached you, Isabella and I will be in Jaria. I hope all is well at the castle. Though I've been away from the castle for weeks now, I trust that the people are still prosperous.

Isabella and I were attacked just outside the gates of Hartha. For a moment, I was held hostage. Thankfully we were saved by a young man Aiden, Head Jarian Knight. What are the odds my good man? Isabella was severely wounded in the fighting because she was attacked from behind. While she recovered, we did not get to meet with Jarians.

Little did we know, innocent people were being slaughtered by refugees. 'Twas mighty horrifying, the idea that refugees were after us but killed innocents instead. I have yet to find out who was behind it, but when I do, I will not show mercy. Because of the murders, Huey had us banished. In attempt to go through with the Official Meeting, we were invited to the Jarian Castle. I refused at first but Isabella thought it a good idea. I realize you would not agree with such course of action, but Isabella thought it best, and as future queen she is to start making major decisions. I am writing you to inform you of our prolonged absence and that I may not have the time to write you again before we return.

I trust that you continue to make sure the knights follow their schedules and that the people remain content for the time being. Upon my return there may even be a lowering in tax pay. We are going to try to prevent a war and come home to citizens who feel safe. I will make sure to ask about the slaughter of our children and the stolen goods you bought to my attention. Take care,

King William.

Henry glanced over to a silent Hazel whose mouth was hung open in shock. "This is nothing like what we have regularly heard from Baldwin. They are in Jaria. King William seemed to have no clue what is happening here... They were attacked..." He sat down slowly starting to connect dots.

"Does he not realize what his orders are doing to this nation? Maybe 'tis grief over Bella's injury that it's making him act out of character."

Henry shook his head. "No, if Bella was so severely injured to the point of death he would have returned home immediately and informed the nation. Hazel, what if King William did not send those missives that Baldwin read?"

"Henry that is highly unlikely..."

"Think about it Hazel! King William is letting Princess Isabella make major decisions now, she would never raise taxes, if any thing she would push to lower them. She would never have ordered that woman be placed under men by not being able to dine with them, no matter how much she loathes the women of the court. If they were King William's ideas, she simply would not have let him do it. We all know how King William heeds Princess Isabella's advice. 'Tis simply too out of character."

Hazel nodded in agreement. "But what would make Baldwin do such a thing?"

Henry opened his mouth to answer when a knocked to the door interrupted him. Hazel stood and pretended to dust. A young knight in training popped his head in, "Henry, Sir Baldwin wants the knights to gather. He has an announcement."

Henry nodded and turned to follow him once more making eye contact with Hazel. He nodded to the letter, indicating that he wanted her to get it and hide it for the time being. She nodded and he left.